Is there anyone on here that's got OVO ENERGY. I was with SSE but we have been passed over to OVO. I find it very hard to understand their bills. Anybody else find this or is just me (and that's highly likely 🙄) 

Thank you in advance

I was on OvO (Pre-pay) - I found it very easy as I could just use the app to track usage and remaining balance, top up as needed etc.... But they renamed the prepay to 'boost' and changed the app, and while I can still top up, it's not as informative as it used to be..

I can't speak for the standard 'OvO' services though i'm afraid... but generally my 'quarterly report' breakdown thing is easy to understand for me...

If you post a redacted bill someone may be able to help. 

What does redacted mean please 🤔

1 minute ago, wobblywill said:

What does redacted mean please 🤔

Removing the bits that identify you.

dont get me started on boost! they changed the app and it no longer allows you to auto top up when your credit hits £10 so its really difficult to track. Often runs out and the fridge is off all day! 

ive tried switching to direct debit on OVO as they said im eligible. chased it up and now they say there is no plan for me! 

after the bank holiday contact them and ask for help

I've been with OVO for several years. They pay 5% interest if you're in credit. I was thinking of selling some of my ISAs and putting £10K into OVO as it's difficult  to get that rate of interest now.

1 hour ago, Mossway said:

I've been with OVO for several years. They pay 5% interest if you're in credit. I was thinking of selling some of my ISAs and putting £10K into OVO as it's difficult  to get that rate of interest now.

Good luck with that. See 2.5

https://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/interest-rewards

Yes. Ovo's TCS say explicitly that:

You must not make payments into your account just to receive the OVO Interest Reward. If we think you're doing this, we'll refund the extra amounts to you and we may withhold payment of the OVO Interest Reward on those amounts. 

Oddly, though, I can't see where any interest rate is specified. Am I missing something?

On 03/06/2022 at 18:12, NayPrest said:

dont get me started on boost! they changed the app and it no longer allows you to auto top up when your credit hits £10 so its really difficult to track. Often runs out and the fridge is off all day! 

ive tried switching to direct debit on OVO as they said im eligible. chased it up and now they say there is no plan for me! 

Shouldn't happen, as if you run out of Credit, there's an automatic £5 emergency that gets applied, AND they won't cut you off at bad times of day (generally between 4pm and 9:45am - so never cuts off over night, and never cuts at the weekend)