Sign in to follow this  

Englands Test Summer 2022 A New Era Begins

14 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Its been all about NZ the 1st two days, once again we couldnt  find a way to stem the middle order pair of Mitchell and Blundell, who went big again.

Its been a decent enough reply, crawley apart, see off the morning burst of overs and look to kick on after lunch.

Pitch looks flat as a pancake and the ball isnt doing much apart from the stiff breeze pushing the odd one, although NZ do seem to get more movement from their bowlers.

Time to give Crawley a rest and let him find his form in county cricket. Yorkshire could be the losers when Harry Brook gets his chance.

34 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Time to give Crawley a rest and let him find his form in county cricket. Yorkshire could be the losers when Harry Brook gets his chance.

Yeah spot on, in his defence he got a very good ball, but sides watch you repeatedly and work out your weakness and work on it and its definately a weakness for him, he gets out like that endless times.

Id hate to lose Brook, but at the same time really pleased for him hes in really good form this season, we just need to find a couple of decent bowlers and Yorkshire would be a genuine championship[ contender.

Englands turn to shine today, Root and Pope both scoring heavily to shave the lead down to double figures, almost 400 runs in the day as well to excite the crowd, looking like a draw now, cant see it turning sideways for Leach or Root and the pitch looks just as good as day one, the NZ bowlers looked a touch fatigued later in the day.

Well what a pulsating two days that was, after a woeful winter, England came back roaring in the final two days blowing away NZ  this morning to set up a run chase of 299 @ 4 an over, after a wobble that saw them drop to 56-3 and 93-4 Johnny Bairstow took centre stage smashing 132 of 94 balls for the 2nd fastest all time English test century , Stokes hobbling along on one leg hit 75 of 70 balls infront of a full house @ Trent Bridge, England set it up with short pitched deliveries that just blew the NZ batters away, when NZ tried the same tac after tea, Bairstow and Stokes launched them into the stands to win with plenty of overs to spare.

The first test match with 1000 runs scored in boundries, 226 4s & 24 6s, fantastic entertainment.

Edited by staninoodle

Guest sibon
18 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Well what a pulsating two days that was, after a woeful winter, England came back roaring in the final two days blowing away NZ  this morning to set up a run chase of 299 @ 4 an over, after a wobble that saw them drop to 56-3 and 93-4 Johnny Bairstow took centre stage smashing 132 of 94 balls for the 2nd fastest all time English test century , Stokes hobbling along on one leg hit 75 of 70 balls infront of a full house @ Trent Bridge, England set it up with short pitched deliveries that just blew the NZ batters away, when NZ tried the same tac after tea, Bairstow and Stokes launched them into the stands to win with plenty of overs to spare.

The first test match with 1000 runs scored in boundries, 226 4s & 24 6s, fantastic entertainment.

My knees are sunburnt, but that was a small price to pay to see that.

I was in Birmingham the night before, so I stopped off on my way home. Well, it was free and all that. Trent Bridge is my favourite ground anyway, but now I love it even more.

Bairstow was brutal after tea. The noises you can hear from the crowd are ones of astonishment . I’ve seen one innings like it before, Evin Lewis getting 176 at The Oval, but that was a white ball game. There wasn’t a ball to bowl to Bairstow.  Anything was going. I felt for NZ a bit. No Jameson and Southee  looked like he was towing a caravan, so they had few bowling options.

Baz ball is here for England. It is going to be one hell of a ride.

Edited by sibon

Great to see test cricket back in Yorkshire for the 3rd and final test with NZ, 5 gone with 225 on the board, Blundell and Mitchell once more proving a thorn, odd dismissal for Nichols when his straight drive hit Mitchells bat and looped upto Lees, cant say Ive ever seen that before, the dukes balls are proving a talking point, I cant recall seeing this many ball changes during a test series, virtually everyday theres a ball change with  both sides unhappy, really odd

Guest sibon
12 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Great to see test cricket back in Yorkshire for the 3rd and final test with NZ, 5 gone with 225 on the board, Blundell and Mitchell once more proving a thorn, odd dismissal for Nichols when his straight drive hit Mitchells bat and looped upto Lees, cant say Ive ever seen that before, the dukes balls are proving a talking point, I cant recall seeing this many ball changes during a test series, virtually everyday theres a ball change with  both sides unhappy, really odd

21-4 currently, with Boult and Southee bowling brilliantly.

I have tickets for Sunday. Unless England do something dramatic, I might be applying for a refund.

5 hours ago, sibon said:

21-4 currently, with Boult and Southee bowling brilliantly.

I have tickets for Sunday. Unless England do something dramatic, I might be applying for a refund.

Could be an interesting day sunday,great fightback from 55-6, ball that was swinging around, Boult virtually unplayable then the yet another fightback from the swashbuckling pair of JB and the debutant Overton.

Big morning tomorrow in the game, can they press on with the ball now 50 overs old, but fresh bowlers....

Two more days of really entertaining test cricket up in Leeds setting up what should be a series clean sweep tomorrow, who have thought Jack Leach would take 10 wickets in a match and look so dangerous.

Day off tomorrow so Ive booked a free ticket.

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Two more days of really entertaining test cricket up in Leeds setting up what should be a series clean sweep tomorrow, who have thought Jack Leach would take 10 wickets in a match and look so dangerous.

Day off tomorrow so Ive booked a free ticket.

Enjoy your day. It is a much improved ground. 

You’ll probably have time for a mid afternoon pint in The Skyrack.

…but no fish and chips at Bretts. After 100 years it’s now a trendy bar/restaurant.

A series win without any final day concerns, lost Pope early but JB brings a real buzz when he walks out this summer, and supported by a solid Joe Root, two Yorkies guiding England to a series victory at Headingly, perfect end really once the morning rain relented,only an hours play due to england scoring quick runs, not a full house by any means, but a better day than my last visit for the vitality blast game with the old enemy Lancs!

Be interesting to see how we approach the one off match with India.