Victims Fc

What’s all this with Scousers again saying there were treated badly,apparently 40000 went without tickets so it was obviously there would be problems,I haven’t heard of any such issues from Madrid though haven’t hunted for it.

25 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

What’s all this with Scousers again saying there were treated badly,apparently 40000 went without tickets so it was obviously there would be problems,I haven’t heard of any such issues from Madrid though haven’t hunted for it.

How many?

5 minutes ago, crookesey said:

How many?

How many what?

23 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

apparently they are always treated badly, victim ticket on shoulders  instead of ground tickets, where have we heard that before late to ground etc etc wembly , Hillsborough now paris! 

5 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

How many what?

Liverpool supporters.

3 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Liverpool supporters.

Must be millions it's all over the tv news programmes.

They cause trouble wherever they go and then they want everyone to sympathise with them.

Hold on a minute... have we learned nothing from Hillsborough?

A lawyer who was involved in the Hillsborough enquiry was on TV this morning. They actually attended the match in France, and said they saw everything was wrong right from the start.

Travel arrangements, (of 2 publicly prpposed routes, one was closed.) The crowds built up because of poor access and lack of staff, heavy handed police prescence who wouldn't listen to fans and responded with violence. In fact much that had been found to be inadequate and caused the problems at Hillsborough they saw to be happening here, and a similar outcome was only narrowly avoided. 

That includes an almost immediate response by the authorities to use the media to lay the blame on the supporters.

I am no football fan and have  no axe to grind, but the eye witness account of the lawyer rang true to me. 

Edited by Anna B

What is true is that in the run up to the match, apparently social media was full of Liverpool supporters saying they didn't have a ticket but they were determined to get into the ground see the match.  Now that could be just bravado? 

I think people should be wary of jumping to conclusions straight away as to what happened.  From listening to a number of reports over the past couple of days, there are so many conflicting opinions but little in the way of actual facts at this moment.  I've seen reports from a BBC reporter who was at the Stade de France in a private capacity as a Liverpool fan with a genuine ticket state the police just waded in to supporters who had been queuing a few hours.  I've also seen other reporters say they saw 'fans' & local youths, claiming over fencing & turnstiles & gaining entry to the ground at the Liverpool end. 

Why for starters were both sets of fans only allocated 20,000 tickets each for a ground with a capacity of 80,000?  It's also apparently become a bit of a French national embarrassment. 

https://www.france24.com/en/sport/20220529-chaos-at-paris-s-stade-de-france-mars-champions-league-final

So before we start to play the blame game, despite what Liverpool fans have been involved in, in the past, (& I still have family & friends who are SWFC fans who blame Liverpool for missing out playing in Europe due to Hysel), I think a bit more concrete evidence is needed? 

One question though, nobody has seemingly addressed in the media.  Did Real Madrid fans have any problems at their end of the ground? 

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's a mystery to me why so much bad luck follows the angel like Liverpool spectators around.

Heysel 1985 .... Poor stadium to blame and bad policing to blame

Hillsborough 1989 .... Bad policing to blame

Paris 2022 .... Forged tickets and bad policing to blame

Anything that gives them something to sing and weep about over their 'Cheesy chips sounds reason enough 😭 😢 😭 . 🤣