Rod Stewart.

I'm reading Rod's autobiography.  Written about 10 years ago, its an interesting read.

His life in music from about 1962 is quite remarkable.  We're about the same age, but my lifestyle

has been on a different planet.

1 hour ago, mikeG said:

I'm reading Rod's autobiography.  Written about 10 years ago, its an interesting read.

His life in music from about 1962 is quite remarkable.  We're about the same age, but my lifestyle

has been on a different planet.

I hope reading the book and being of a same age doesn't influence you in 'nipping out' to the barbers.

See the source image

Keep safe 8) .

7 hours ago, mikeG said:

We're about the same age, but my lifestyle has been on a different planet.

At least you've kept your dignity, I'd imagine.

Saw him in the late 80s,he was rubbish.

On 30/05/2022 at 18:22, Norbert said:

At least you've kept your dignity, I'd imagine.

Just about!

On 30/05/2022 at 22:13, ukdobby said:

Saw him in the late 80s,he was rubbish.

I just don’t “ get him “ . His voice I mean. I don’t find his croaky voice attractive at all, yet my neighbour goes to all his concerts and thinks his voice is “ very attractive”.  Im a Sinatra fan myself so couldn’t be such a difference in singers.

Came out with excuses regarding his throat,no refunds though.

I’m not a big fan of Rod Stewarts but I do like to hear him sing I am Sailing and Maggie May.

His wife said that his voice wasn’t up to “ scratch”  for the queens jubilee because he was still recovering from Covid. ! So why was he there ? I’m sure that Tom Jones would have been better.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

His wife said that his voice wasn’t up to “ scratch”  for the queens jubilee because he was still recovering from Covid. ! So why was he there ? I’m sure that Tom Jones would have been better.

Imo, Tom Jones screams a song, Sinatra sings out tune and Rod Stewrt needs some strepsils.  I'll match three better singers, which are,  Humperdink, Matt Munroe, Freddie Mercury.

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Imo, Tom Jones screams a song, Sinatra sings out tune and Rod Stewrt needs some strepsils.  I'll match three better singers, which are,  Humperdink, Matt Munroe, Freddie Mercury.

Sinatra sings out of tune ???   No way !!  Humperdink ? ( terribly boring singer)  Matt Munro as good as but not better than Sinatra and Freddy Mercury good but different type of singer.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

No screaming here.