The Girl Who Never Ate - SKY

caroline, am in touch with you. so have removed this post.

hiya, well we're going to austria ourselves! in 2 weeks in fact. very exciting. my child is doing good though, thanks for asking. just thought i would put old ignoramus straight. if i was tia's mother, and i read that... well... I'd feel a tad upset.

Hi nixpixnix,

I have been unable to swallow for over 2 years now. I missed the documentary and I am definitely going to get in touch with the professor.

Thank you very much for the information.

Roshay

Roshay, i hope she can help you. However, it will depend on why you are unable to swallow.

Roshay, i hope she can help you. However, it will depend on why you are unable to swallow.

Yeah I hope she can help too. The reason I can't swallow is because I caught a rare virus call Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADE) which is a neurological disorder that caused damage to my central nervous system. As a result, I had no movement in my legs but I can walk just fine now, its just my swallowing that hasn't come back. The doctors have said that the there is no coordination of my swallow. The doctors seem to believe that my muscles are working but my swallow is not initiating. I've tried several treatments so I'm beginning to believe that it is not a physical problem but a psychological one (I suggested this a year ago but the doctors said its not a psychological problem). They don't really know what to do next so I've been trying to find my own answers.

Roshay

I think she may just deal with children, but i'm not sure. Have you contacted her?

I have emailed her, but she is not available until after the 29th October.

I thought the same, I wondered if she only deals with children, but I‘m hoping she’ll be able to offer me some advice.

OK Roshay. good luck with it all. I'm sure if she can't help you she may know someone who can.

Hi, saw the programme on The Girl who Never Ate, my friend has a baby with similar condition, but didnt see the programme. Could you possibly contact me with details on the Austian Hospital and contact details. This would be much appreciated. Cheers

Hi Rozzy, yes i have the details. i can call her if you like to have a chat with her. We went to austria and have been back a month now. My son is now eating and drinking and is tube free.

Hi, many thanks for getting back to me. I have given her your email address and she will contact you.

I really appreciate this and Im sure does too