The Girl Who Never Ate - SKY

Hi, this is a message for Sherri. I really hope that you are still looking onto this website as I realise your message was posted some time ago. Please would you let me know if you are. I have twins boys born at 27 weeks and one of them (oliver) has severe oesophagul reflux. They are 19 months old and Oliver weighs only 15lbs. He currently doesn't have a gastrotomy but it is obviously on the cards and I would really like your thoughts on this as it sounds like it is a very similar situation to yours. Does your little on have a nissen fundoplication with her gastrostomy (ie an operation done with the gastrostomy where they tie the top of the stomach around the oesophagus to stop reflux?)

I was told about he programme that Tia was in but didnt watch it. Does anyone know what it was called so i can see if i can download it as im thinking about taking my daughter as she is NG fed and has since she was 2 days old as she cannot suck. She also has Goldenhar Syndrome.

:hihi:

Now far be it from me to be controversial, but as I watched this programme from my Sky+ box I came upon the following conclussion.

Its her MUMS fault that she still wont eat

So, why have I come to this conclussion.

Her mum mothers her to death, anyone watching this program will have seen the doctors at the austrian clinic they went to battling to try and stop the mum molly coddling the kid all the time, and also the final nail in the coffin for me- was the mums reluctance to finally pull out the tube thats been feeding Tia for the past seven years.. the doctors believed this would induce Tia to start eating, the mum still wouldnt have it.

So- the mum is at fault.

Through intense mollycoddling and also for the fact that I dont think she has done a proper job in bringing Tia up properly.

For starters- Tia didnt start walking properly until the age of 5.

She still wears nappies also but I guess this could be the result of liquid only food injected into her.

Another bold statement I'd like to make as well- and this is not a slur on single parents at all please understand but I found another reason that might be the case.

Being a single mum with 2 kids to look after- one has a problem, maybe the mum is getting a lot of benefits ie: disability for Tia, so she might not want her to be sorted properly, thats another thing that came to mind watching this program.

All in all - Tia is still not sorted, the tube is still inside her although smaller this time, Tia is still not eating solids albeit licking food- which is not a step forward for me.

What do other people think on this subject please?

hi it is bad i watch everyy one

I know this is a long shot as this thread is old but I'm trying to get in touch with Sue MccCarthy, Tia's Mum. Are you out there? I have tried in vain to access the program shown on Sky but can't track it down. I remember Tia was diagnosed with a condition highlighted by an inability to tell hot from cold. My son has no eating disorder but hearing and learning problems and has never been able to tell hot from cold. I am desparate to find out what the condition is called to find out more about how it could be effecting my son but can't find anything anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the doctor called it a "perception disorder" but sometimes it's called a "sensory disorder" - however both of those are quite broad terms.