The Street Where You Were Brought Up.

On 14/06/2022 at 08:47, SVerhamme said:

Hey there

had a close friend Susan Lindley who lived near the bottom of Dykes Hall Rd She married someone called Dave who lived about halfway up Dykes Hall Rd 

Have lost contact would be grateful if you have any info ?

Hope you’re doing good 🌸

Hi - Susan Lindley lived at No. 35 with her parents, sister Beryl and brother John. She married Dave Cameron in 1974 but I think they later separated or divorced. I was in touch with John Lindley some years ago - he lived at Bridlington but I don't seem to have his contact details, sorry!

On 28/05/2022 at 13:10, pattricia said:

Can you remember the very first street where you were brought up?  Mine was Adkins Road, but not sure whether this comes under Shirecliffe, Parson Cross or Southey Green. Maybe someone can put me right ! I can remember no television, only radio, sitting on the roadside kerb in the Summer, kids playing at football and cricket in the middle of Adkins Road ( as no one had a car in those days) and the rag and bone man with his horse and cart giving us pegs or candles when we brought things out for him. Also had an air raid shelter in the garden. Excited to start school at Shirecliffe infants school and later on in the junior school to see a young Tony Kay playing at football with his classmates in the school playground.

What street were you brought up on, and what are your memories of it ?

Frederick Street Darnall. We moved to Malvern Road in 1960 when Mum became pregnant with our Andrew

Richards Road in Heeley 🙂

10 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

Hi Harry 19 

Possibly ? I havnt lived there for years . I’ve visited but don’t remember seeing it . The Church always had scouts and girl guides 

I joined the girl guides many moons ago we would use the building opposite or rooms in the church . Alway a big parade with banners on Whit -Sunday from the park and through Hillsbro 

Seem to remember the name Brindley!! Although I went to Wisewood Seconday School at 11 yrs di you mind me asking  your first name ? 
Suzy

Hi,

Philip is my name.

The house that was converted for the scouts may have been at the bottom of Beechwood road and done about 1958.

I think you are probably a year younger than me as I have asked a couple of friends who went to Wisewood if you was in the same class as them and you wasn’t.

I was born 1947.

My neighbour lived on Holme lane and you probably knew her brother Barrie Smith.

Now for the exciting bit I have a Wisewood class photo of the girls which you have signed on the back !  Probably taken in your final year there.

6 hours ago, SVerhamme said:

Just a thought my gran lived on Holme Lane no 91  I think 🤔 all her life

she was called Verhamme my mum and dad lived with her early days if their marriage and their name was Wiles that was my maiden name ! My sister Hazel and I would always be around visiting after we moved to Hawthorne Road .

Barrie Smith rings bells did he know Stuart Lake ? who had several brothers as I remember.

Suzy

Hi Suzy,

if you let me have your email address I will send you some photographs.

40 minutes ago, SVerhamme said:

Hi Harvey

e- mail is suzycudmore@yahoo.co.U.K. 
thank you 🌸

Photos sent, hope they bring back pleasant memories.

Suzy, will you identify yourself in the group photograph I sent you please.

On 21/06/2022 at 23:17, SVerhamme said:

Really appreciate you getting back to me .

thank you so much 

Last time i saw Susan I came up to Sheffield and popped in to see them with my youngest son , they lived on the Wisewood  she was still with Dave and had both children boy and a girl 

Previous year they had popped in to see us in Cornwall during their trip around in a camper van 

Yes John was always a quiet person , he didn’t say much when I went around just came and went lol He was the middle one , Beryl was the eldest and Susan youngest . I knew them for many years from starting school to leaving for Cornwall. 
If you hear anymore would be grateful for any info 

once again thank you

Hi - I've sent you a Message with some more details.