Gleadless Mount

Does anyone live there or near and would like to say what they think of the area please?

Is that the row behind the shops?

Yes, from what I can see on Google maps. I am looking at a flat there but would be interested to know the opinion of anyone who knows the area

That end of Gleadless is fairly nice, and that particular road should be fairly quiet, good transport links nearby.

• Like 1

If you have a car, you could get frustrated with the number of people parking all round that road and in front of your house.

You may not want to be on the end house, directly at the back of the takeaway.

Other than that it, is a relatively safe and popular area.

Did the purchase that you mentioned, back in December, fall through?

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, cgksheff said:

If you have a car, you could get frustrated with the number of people parking all round that road and in front of your house.

You would almost certainly get frustrated with the  terrible Traffic lights sequencing  that cause massive delays getting out onto Ridgeway road particularly in the rush hour. But from what I have seen, a better end of Sheffield and that is high praise from Me !

I live just down the road from Gleadless Mount - it's a nice area.

Thank you so much for all your replies. To recap I had to sell my old place as I could no longer manage the stairs. I moved into a studio flat near family. Unfortunately it is so tiny and  living in one room is getting me down so I am trying to find a new ground floor flat with a separate bedroom. This is one I am interested in  and I am reassured by opinions of the area. I don't drive so parking is not an issue.

23 minutes ago, Minimo said:

Thank you so much for all your replies. To recap I had to sell my old place as I could no longer manage the stairs. I moved into a studio flat near family. Unfortunately it is so tiny and  living in one room is getting me down so I am trying to find a new ground floor flat with a separate bedroom. This is one I am interested in  and I am reassured by opinions of the area. I don't drive so parking is not an issue.

Hope it works out. 👍

• Like 1