Buying Euros

I'm giving someone a small gift of 50 euros to take on holiday. What's the best place to get them (Sheffield) and is there any point in shopping around for such a relatively small sum?

Marks & Spencer

Post office 

Just shove your requirements into here

https://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/?source=MS&utm_source=moneysupermarket.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=travelmoney

For the sake of 50 euros though its hardly going to be much difference. Also have you asked the person you are giving it to if they actually plan to use paper money, given how the world is going at the moment and where they are actually going? Sending them £40 might be less of a faff.

Edited by HeHasRisen

For only €50 really doesn't matter

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just shove your requirements into here

https://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/?source=MS&utm_source=moneysupermarket.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=travelmoney

For the sake of 50 euros though its hardly going to be much difference. Also have you asked the person you are giving it to if they actually plan to use paper money, given how the world is going at the moment and where they are actually going? Sending them £40 might be less of a faff.

I agree, but in this case I suspect they'd be tempted to spend the £ notes before the holiday! I will check though as regards their bank account.

I believe it's Spain. Post-dated euros would be the safest bet!

The site gives 1.158 Euros to pound.  For this amount it seems best to call in M&S or a biggish post office, as mentioned.

EuroChannge aka MN Money are usually the best via the Martin Money tool (he gets a kickback). Then John Lewis via Waitrose collection or delivery. Post Office and M&S rates not usually that good.

Given a small amount it might be also worth checking if the recipient is using a fee free card whilst away? A balance transfer will be nice and simple!