Ir Photography

On 07/02/2024 at 15:12, Palomar said:

WOW! I want one

Here's another one from Yesterday's stroll along the Upper Don Walk on the way to a lecture at Kelham Island.
Same camera

Don-1.jpg

7 hours ago, peak4 said:

Here's another one from Yesterday's stroll along the Upper Don Walk on the way to a lecture at Kelham Island.
Same camera

Don-1.jpg

Nice! How did you come by the camera? Are you converting to B&W at the end of processing?

2 hours ago, Palomar said:

Nice! How did you come by the camera? Are you converting to B&W at the end of processing?

This particular one, an Olympus Stylus 1, was a lucky find on eBay, I think from a deceased estate.
I already had an unconverted Stylus 1s so am familiar with the camera.
Yes converted to B&W afterwards in DxO Optics Photolab7, from raw. Any other software would do.
This is fixed @720nm, but there are other options; essentially the IR/UV bandpass filter in front of the sensor is removed and replaced with something else, ranging from plain glass for a full spectrum conversion , through to 840nm for a full IR effect.
There's lots of info on the web, but This Site is a particularly good introduction; it uses its own names for the filters offered, but expand each one and it gives the wavelengths

If you don't fancy converting yourself, I bought an Olympus E-M1 Mk1 mirrorless body from a chap on ebay in Inverness, who sells pre-converted bodies, or will do yours. Two user names, but nothing listed at the moment 

fra251252 &  fra3434, there's several others, but I've no experience of them.
That one I opted for 590nm, but I sometimes then add a 720nm clip in filter in front of it 
Faststone Image Viewer now has an option for basic colour swapping, as discussed on the video on the LifePixel site

• Thanks 1