Ir Photography

Anyone explain what this is about ( simple terms please 🙂)

im recent to photography and using old nikon dslr

ordered a d70s off eBay and from what I’ve been told I’ve ended up with an ir conversation .

now I’m still working on normal use cameras and that’ll take a while but ir??? Not sure 🤔 

thanks ken

They modify a camera by taking out a filter present in most cameras that blocks very deep red light.

The camera then becomes sensitive to the very deep red light which is given off by warm objects.

You can then create dramatic photos of things using heat instead of light.

I've always wanted one

Edited by Norbert

I didn’t lol. 
seems I got 1 though, not sure what to do with it. 

Could have sent it back ( I presumed it was faulty) but was intrigued. 

How much would you want for it?

I popped it on fb market place to see if anyone wanted to swap for something normal of same age. Doubt I’ll use it. 

Edited by kenthack

I don't use fb so if you don't have any takers please let me know.

It’s got no replies and as far as I’m concerned it’s faulty ( although I keep getting told not )

£30 would cover my cost if anyone wanted it as I got it, just body and nothing else. Uses en-el3/e batteries & charger. Cf memory. And my af lenses autofocus with it. thanks ken

So it comes without battery, charger, lens or memory card?

9 hours ago, kenthack said:

It’s got no replies and as far as I’m concerned it’s faulty ( although I keep getting told not )

£30 would cover my cost if anyone wanted it as I got it, just body and nothing else. Uses en-el3/e batteries & charger. Cf memory. And my af lenses autofocus with it. thanks ken

It was just a body. I have other body that uses the same. So able to swap

between 

I only bought it as a replacement for a d70s that I use as my knockabout. That works except flash so I thought I’d probably be able to use this one or possibly switch bits but seems a shame to dismantle it. 

Edited by kenthack

Just found this thread by accident, and realised we can now upload photos, so here's an example.
Infra Red converted Olympus Stylus 1. 720nm conversion, multi-shot panorama stitched in Microsoft ICECrucible-1.jpg.f1a2752c7c4ce55090b69d3b95b826ce.jpg

On 05/02/2024 at 22:24, peak4 said:

Just found this thread by accident, and realised we can now upload photos, so here's an example.
Infra Red converted Olympus Stylus 1. 720nm conversion, multi-shot panorama stitched in Microsoft ICECrucible-1.jpg.f1a2752c7c4ce55090b69d3b95b826ce.jpg

WOW! I want one