Should 'Assistance' Cats Be Allowed In Food Shops?

Do you think Waitrose will let me in with my assistance chimp?  More use than a cat at getting the biscuits off the top shelf & he can also carry some of the shopping. 

• Haha 1

https://catpawcinocatcafe.com

Cat cafes must be a new trend.  There’s also one on the Newcastle Quayside.  A relative of mine popped in to see about booking a table.  I had to wait outside because I’m allergic to cats.  I read the cafe rules while I waited outsides.  You must not  pick the cats up. Don’t pull the cats tails. Do not give the cats food and a few other rules which I can’t remember.

If this bloke wins his case against Sainsbury’s and people start to take their cats in the shops then my old covid face coverings might come in handy to help with cat allergies. 

Edited by hauxwell

15 hours ago, Norbert said:

Sainsburys are being d***s, it's hardly going to open the floodgates.

That being said I'm going to ask Sainsburys to flood all their shops with 1 metre of seawater so I can shop with my assistance octopus who picks out the ripe bananas for me as I'm colour-blind.

Sorry Norbert, but you have me totally lost there.

Bananas by their very nature are banana shape, so even if you are Colour-blind, why would you need  an Octopussy to differentiate bananas ?

Unless Sainsbury's have opened an instore 'Adult' clothing and toy department,

I don't think you'll find anything of a similar shape down the fruit & veg aisle :huh: :suspect: 🤣

Keep safe out there 8) .

14 hours ago, mart said:

Only in America eh :loopy::loopy:

Well if the courts rule against Sainsburys then what's to stop it happening over here too?

Can I take my emotional support cow into the supermarket?

Guide dogs are permitted because they're professionally trained for years and can actually help people, a cat is.... just a cat.

Edited by Pyrotequila

25 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Bananas by their very nature are banana shape, so even if you are Colour-blind, why would you need  an Octopussy to differentiate bananas ?

I don't think you'll find anything of a similar shape down the fruit & veg aisle :huh: :suspect: 🤣

Keep safe out there 8) .

Ive seen a few bent cucumbers in my time, :hihi:

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

https://catpawcinocatcafe.com

Cat cafes must be a new trend.  There’s also one on the Newcastle Quayside.  A relative of mine popped in to see about booking a table.  I had to wait outside because I’m allergic to cats.  I read the cafe rules while I waited outsides.  You must not  pick the cats up. Don’t pull the cats tails. Do not give the cats food and a few other rules which I can’t remember.

Can I take my assistance dog in there?!

16 minutes ago, carosio said:

Can I take my assistance dog in there?!

I'd pay good money to see you do that & watch the ensuing entertainment.  "Hello Tiddles, meet my assistance Rottweiler." 

This thread  reminds me of a science fiction TV series called His Dark Materials.  It was good and I’m hoping there will be another series.  Every human has an animal called a daemon which is part of their soul.  It can be any type of animal, for example cat, dog, snake, rat or monkey.  However they must keep their daemon close to them and never be more than a few yards from them if not they could die. 

I’m beginning to think this programme might not be as far fetched as I thought. I can see people walking in shops with snakes round their necks and tigers by their side talking to them as they do in His Dark Materials.

Edited by hauxwell

11 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Keep safe out there 8) .

I've spoken to Shiva my octopus, she says you must be colour-blind too,  the ripe bananas are different shade of yellow, and less green at the ends. Of course I've no idea what she's talking about because like you I'm colour-blind.

1 hour ago, Norbert said:

I've spoken to Shiva my octopus, she says you must be colour-blind too,  the ripe bananas are different shade of yellow, and less green at the ends. Of course I've no idea what she's talking about because like you I'm colour-blind.

Shiva , what a lovely name . How do you know she is a girl octopus ?

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Shiva , what a lovely name . How do you know she is a girl octopus ?

She takes an hour getting ready to go shopping. Also she has suckers down all her arms.

I can tell you now. Aldi were a bit funny with me walking around with my assistance Greater mouse-eared bat. 

Apparently they don't consider it hygienic & it's lead keeps getting caught up in the overhead fans.