Double Deck Buses And Bridges.

5 hours ago, Resident said:

In this instance yes, Whilst the land is private it is subject to public access* therefore required to comply with all laws & regulations that a public highway needs to. 

* Public access refers to only during business operating hours. Once the business ceases trading for the day then it returns to private land status. 

I see, cheers. 

If this is the only mitigating factor in this sorry charade its still a poor excuse, mind.

Damaged vehicle has been returned to Wrights in NI for repair.

Are the Secret Society of Ex and Current Bus Drivers who frequent this forum prepared to break their silence over this incident yet?

I doubt the 'Secret Society' will know more about the incident than has been publicly revealed.It may be (I don't know, but will check if I have the time and inclination), that the incident reports and findings are not in the public realm. I know those concerning rail incidents can be found, but it is a different agency, so may have different disclosure rules.

On 26/05/2022 at 13:24, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes it would be an insurance write-off and off to the knackers yard it will go.

Wrong , yet again 

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wrong , yet again 

Yep, our "experts" seem to have got it wrong - AGAIN 

90% of roof salvageable, main issue is window pillars and front dome. - Obviously.

Guest busdriver1

Just to bring things up to date, the driver has faced disciplinary action but that is not finished so no further comment on that. 

The bus has returned to the builders for repair as it was far too young to be scrapped and despite the "expert Opinions" the damage was not as bad as first impressions can give.

This bridge has been hit on multiple occasions and on each occasion the incorrect markings were raised. It remains as it was.

The driver was not from Sheffield depot and did not know the area or the route and the bridge was incorrectly marked. 

No further comments to make until the full course of investigations has completed.

Thanks for the update,  @busdriver1.  I thought it would be a 'repair' - as you say it was too 'young' to scrap, and considering the repair needed, no real surprise it went back to Ballymeena.

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are the Secret Society of Ex and Current Bus Drivers who frequent this forum prepared to break their silence over this incident yet?

And what would you like us to say? We know as much as the public. It's being investigated so until the findings of that come out there's not much to say. I've never drove a bus around there so I'm only going on what other drivers have told me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

And what would you like us to say? We know as much as the public. It's being investigated so until the findings of that come out there's not much to say. I've never drove a bus around there so I'm only going on what other drivers have told me. 

Notice he’s disappeared, again 

9 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

The driver was not from Sheffield depot and did not know the area or the route and the bridge was incorrectly marked. 

See, I still dont think this is a sufficient excuse. He knew he was driving a big bus and surely could see a low bridge in front of him.  I am still voting "numpty".

Loads of people drive to unfamiliar cities and I am sure they have the nous not to drive through bus gates, bus lanes etc... because they actually, you know, pay attention.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

See, I still dont think this is a sufficient excuse. He knew he was driving a big bus and surely could see a low bridge in front of him.  I am still voting "numpty".

Loads of people drive to unfamiliar cities and I am sure they have the nous not to drive through bus gates, bus lanes etc... because they actually, you know, pay attention.

yea but how many people drive a decker bus in unfamiliar cities? a car yea lots a bus not so many and before you say well HGV drive in unfimiler places well let you know pleanty of them hit bridges too and get stuck in strange places, how many years do you have on the buses @HeHasRisen ? after a long day or maybe your mind wonders on to somthing else as i know its hard to belive we are only human mistakes happen, i know it must be hard being perfect but accidents happen