Modern Life Is Rubbish

10 minutes ago, trastrick said:

A couple things.

Across the world children dress up in their finest and parade down main street to be photographed. We're very proud of our young bright future citizens who march every year on education day. A camera is a must, and nobody objects.

They all love their class photos, school plays, and sporting events.

And why just children? What about women, or indeed all individuals?

To those who see it as an open invitation to paedos and abusive husbands, I would just say look into your own dirty minds. Abuse comes mainly from home, relatives or neighbors, and even institutions you trust with your kids, not random paedos and abusive husbands with cameras.

It's life.

Keep your kids at home if you want.  Have them wear masks all the time  so they can't be idenntified. "To stay on the safe side"!

"You can't be too careful, now!"  :)

How about hijabs for your womenfolk?

I'm with Checkov on this. It is the supressionists that have made this their latest big deal, not him.

If people stuck the photos in their family albums as we used to, instead of putting everything on facebook, there would be no problems anyway.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

So it wouldn't 'Bother' you if an all innocent picture of your son in a group photo of him and his swimming buddies was posted on social medial with disparaging comments to their sexuality, prowess, good looks, ability or any other form of belittlement the trolls out there thrive on.

I think we know the answer, of course it bloody would, 

And, God forbid the Pedo word comes out, innocent people have had to move house, been beaten up, petrol bombed and killed through 'innocent' photo's.

So 'Yes'    'modern life is rubbish'    if you don't protect you and your own.

Keep safe out there 8) .

The offending object here is not cameras at school plays etc, but Social Media and the lack of  control of it.

There are plenty of kids shown on social media which have been put there by their own families.

• Thanks 1

There is no law regarding the taking of photographs in public places.Some people might object if you photographed their children.

There might be restrictions on private property.

So hardly a big deal and as others have alluded to the major shift is that any photos can be shared whether you like it or not on public platforms.

Once you or your children are exposed to the many trolls who get their kicks out of persecuting others then it is a problem best avoided.

15 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Conclusion = The biggest load of cobblers since the banning of opening windows on trains

When was "... banning of opening windows on trains" introduced?

Anybody noticed how the 'Terrorism' threat seems to have gone into decline/disappeared during the Pandemic?

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Anybody noticed how the 'Terrorism' threat seems to have gone into decline/disappeared during the Pandemic?

That's been off the scene for quite a while, but yes, the 'authorities' seem to like a 'problem' - real or imagined, keeps them in a job, presumanly, and applies whichever party is in power.

another day another whinge

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

prolly all being good boys and girls and isolating, lol

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The offending object here is not cameras at school plays etc, but Social Media and the lack of  control of it.

There are plenty of kids shown on social media which have been put there by their own families.

so where have the photo's on social media come from if it isn't from a camera at some point

Don't follow me 🐘🐘🐘🐘 I'm lost as well!

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Again: are you being banned from taking photos of your own kids? 

The answer is two letters and starts with an N.

Maybe you misunderstand the situation. I, and all other parents, are banned from doing taking photos or videos of our kids as they preform their Queen's Jubilee song, quite specifically.

6 hours ago, sibon said:

This post says an awful lot about you. And not in a good way. 

I think that it was you who said that adults are supposed to protect kids, not the other way round. But that was part of your covid argument, where you wanted to endanger the population. This time, you want to endanger vulnerable kids, for your own purposes. 

Maybe, you'd be better served to quit all if the moaning that you do. Try to see stuff from a different perspective. It isn't all about you.

This is BS.

I have quite specifically pointed out that when my lad's class are having their swimming lesson they do not need protecting from a parent in the viewing gallery, particularly as there are 30 other kids there, probably a teacher or two, and three coaches. 

I will repeat, what exactly do you think could happen ?

BTW, who is it about ?

Who exactly is it who is in favour of all this disproportionate cobblers ?

And, more to the point, why exactly are they in favour of it ?

Just saying "it's child protection so anything is acceptable" is not an adequate reason, what exactly are these people trying to achieve with their rules and restrictions ?

Let's start with the question I posed in the paragraph above.

Over to you.

3 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

When was "... banning of opening windows on trains" introduced?

AFAIK opening train windows on mainline stock have been banned since 2019. And, even more ludicrously, will even be banned on Heritage lines (maximum speed 25mph....) from 2023 unless the railway moves all lineside structures so far away from the running line that it is impossible for anyone to hit their head. Obviously an unrealistic expectation.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility ?

I had been sticking my head out of opening carriage windows for 40 years or more, and my head is still attached to my body because I, err, checked it wasn't  going to get knocked off before peering out. Like anyone with two brain cells to rub together would. You cannot legislate against braindead behaviour, and neither should you because it is reasonable to expect that if people are let out on their own they have a modicum of brain cells.

As I have said, more than once, sooner or later everything will be banned unless specifically allowed. Hopefully I'll be dead by then.

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

This is very true. The sanctions should be directed more specifically rather than using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

A more reasonable "warning" from the school would be 'any photos which show children other than your own should not be uploaded to any internet site with public access'.

Edited by Chekhov

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

So it wouldn't 'Bother' you if an all innocent picture of your son in a group photo of him and his swimming buddies was posted on social medial with disparaging comments to their sexuality, prowess, good looks, ability or any other form of belittlement the trolls out there thrive on.

I think we know the answer, of course it bloody would, 

And, God forbid the Pedo word comes out, innocent people have had to move house, been beaten up, petrol bombed and killed through 'innocent' photo's.

So 'Yes'    'modern life is rubbish'    if you don't protect you and your own.

Keep safe out there 8) .

I cannot imagine there are many, if any, people who would bother doing such a thing. Why would they ?

Just so long as I never have to see it why should I care anyway ?

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

So the fact there is only a small chance of it happens means that every school should allow a free for all?

There is only a very small chance of being in a car accident, should we bin seatbelts?

There is a much much higher chance of a car accident that anything untoward happening from parents filming their kids at a school performance. So, wearing a seat belt is a proportionate reaction, as are speed limits.

Edited by Chekhov