Modern Life Is Rubbish

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Yeah!

Well you be worried about proud parents with a camera at a school play!

I'll be worried about the real pervs out there.

Maybe you should think a little harder about the link between the two.

Edited by sibon

Well, you be worried about proud parents with a camera at a school play!

As a parent, I'll be worried about the real pervs out there.

You say, "Don’t forget that the rubbish modern world also dictates that all UK stare school teachers pass an enhanced DBS check first".

Yep. There's a regulation for that, too! :)

1 hour ago, sibon said:

That depends upon how and where it is done.

Good practice dictates that one to one work isn’t a good idea. Far better to have a group of kids and/or more than one teacher present. Finding an open place to do the tuition also helps.

Don’t forget that the rubbish modern world also dictates that all UK state school teachers pass an enhanced DBS check every couple of years. 

That  may, or may not, be considered to be disproportionate by some.

It's funny you should mention that.

My wife wanted to go as a helper on a school trip to a museum.

Despite being a mother of a child on the same trip, and there being a couple of teachers there, 30  other kids and (for most of it) a few museum staff, she had to have an enhanced DBS check. The latter involved her having to take the original copies of a load of personal documents up to the school. Worse still, the school said that if she had not been on a trip or anything for three months ( I think it was) she has to do it all over again for the next one, so it may be the only trip she ever goes on...... Even the school admitted it was  a hell of a lot of hassle.

Oh yes, the punch line, she works for the NHS and already has  DBS check, but, for some reason that was not enough.

Proportionate ?

No, it is not. A bit like me not being allowed to see my lad having his school swimming lesson (despite the fact there was a public viewing gallery at the pool, it's not like you'd be on the poolside....) what exactly do they think is going to happen ? 

I would like to know exactly how many kids have been saved from anything by all this anyway, does anyone know ?

PS Even after all that I'm sure she won't be allowed to take any pics.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trastrick said:

Yeah!

Well you be worried about proud parents with a camera at a school play!

I'll be worried about the real pervs out there.

12 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe you should think a little harder about the link between the two.

There is very little if any link, The Guardian article puts it very well :

The spread of photo bans is not really a response to child abusers stalking school sports days. Instead, it reflects the contamination of everyday adult-child relations – and the new assumption, as the children's author Philip Pullman put it, that "the default position of one human being to another is predatory rather than kindness". Any adult looking through the viewfinder at a child is viewed as potentially sinister and in need of regulation.

Edited by Chekhov

27 minutes ago, melthebell said:

It's not about how hard the violence is, it's what it represents. If you punched in the face you probably deserve it. A slap on the are means a woman is seen as nothing but a man's plaything, toy, and a slap on the arse no matter how playful is destroying her rightful privacy, especially if it's not wanted. It's an invasion of her body and rightfully can be classed as assault, try doing it to a police woman and let us know what happens.

It's called being civilised, we've moved on from hitting women over the head with a club and dragging them to your cave

"If someone is punched in the face they probably deserve it."

I've heard it all now.

You can come out with all the PC crap you want, I'd rather be slapped on the arse than have my nose broken by someone punching me in the face. Any normal person would. And the fact that, apparently, slapping people on the arse results in, effectively, a more severe punishment is absolute madness. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Edited by Chekhov

Some people are more used to getting punched in the face 😏🥴😀🙃🤣😂

25 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

"If someone is punched in the face they probably deserve it."

I've heard it all now.

You can come out with all the PC crap you want, I'd rather be slapped on the arse than have my nose broken by someone punching me in the face. Any normal person would. And the fact that, apparently, slapping people on the arse results in, effectively, a more severe punishment is absolute madness. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Do  you ever stop to think before You post?

10 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Some people are more used to getting punched in the face 😏🥴😀🙃🤣😂

And according to Mr Meltman they probably deserve it, which raises the question, why do the Police ever pursue people who go round punching people in the face. If they stopped doing so they'd have loads of extra time to catch people who slap other people on the arse, which, I'm sure some on here would agree, is a better use of their time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some on here think Police should be out chasing arse slappers rather than burglars.....

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Do  you ever stop to think before You post?

Is this really coming from someone who has just said people being punched in the face probably deserve it......

Edited by Chekhov

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

And according to Mr Meltman they probably deserve it, which raises the question, why do the Police ever pursue people who go round punching people in the face. If they stopped doing so they'd have loads of extra time to catch people who slap other people on the arse, which, I'm sure some on here would agree, is a better use of their time. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some on here think Police should be out chasing arse slappers rather than burglars.....

Is this really coming from someone who has just said people being punched in the face probably deserve it......

How many people randomly go round punching people in the face. Opposed to doing it for retaliatory purposes? Iis certainly not an issue I've ever had to encounter

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

How many people randomly go round punching people in the face. Opposed to doing it for retaliatory purposes? Iis certainly not an issue I've ever had to encounter

E' happy daze down't Wicker 1970's 🤣

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Proportionate ?

No, it is not. A bit like me not being allowed to see my lad having his school swimming lesson (despite the fact there was a public viewing gallery at the pool, it's not like you'd be on the poolside....) what exactly do they think is going to happen ? 

I would like to know exactly how many kids have been saved from anything by all this anyway, does anyone know ?

PS Even after all that I'm sure she won't be allowed to take any pics.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect the public viewing gallery is not used by anyone during school swimming lessons.(and certainly not someone with a camera)

How does your lad feel about your wish to view a school lesson.

MIne would have been mortified.

44 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

E' happy daze down't Wicker 1970's 🤣

The irony is he'd prolly get punched in the face for slapping somebody's girlfriends arse

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

The irony is he'd prolly get punched in the face for slapping somebody's girlfriends arse

Are tickets available :hihi:

• Haha 1