Modern Life Is Rubbish

There is a hell of a lot to whinge about in the modern world, and its getting worse all the time.

Latest load of absolute ballcox, our lad's school are having a big party for the Queens jubilee. All parents are invited but have been sent an E Mail which, amongst other things, says that because not all parents signed the "box ticking" photo permission at the start of the year parents can only take close up photos of their own kids and none will be allowed of the big performance which all the kids have been practicing for weeks. Just like when they do their annual X Mas show (when they're actually allowed to do it obviously....), no photos are allowed then either.

Is there anyone on here that does not think this is absolutely crazy and totally unacceptable ?

Who are these parents to effectively stop all the other parents (probably well over 90%) taking photos of their own kids performing ?

For all Health & Safety edicts we should ask : exactly how much safer will this make us ? 

And what are we sacrificing to achieve that ?

How much safer will this make the super protected darlings ? = As close to zero percent as it is possible to get without actually being zero.

What are we sacrificing ? = Quite a lot actually, banning parents from taking all but close ups of their own kids, particularly at a one off never to be repeated event.

Conclusion = The biggest load of cobblers since the banning of opening windows on trains

Edited by Chekhov

Guest sibon

You should write to the school and suggest that all of the kids wear masks for the performance. Then photos could be allowed.

9 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

There is a hell of a lot to whinge about in the modern world, and its getting worse all the time.

Latest load of absolute ballcox, our lad's school are having a big party for the Queens jubilee. All parents are invited but have been sent an E Mail which, amongst other things, says that because not all parents signed the "box ticking" photo permission at the start of the year parents can only take close up photos of their own kids and none will be allowed of the big performance which all the kids have been practicing for weeks. Just like when they do their annual X Mas show (when they're actually allowed to do it obviously....), no photos are allowed then either.

Is there anyone on here that does not think this is absolutely crazy and totally unacceptable ?

Who are these parents to effectively stop all the other parents (probably well over 90%) taking photos of their own kids performing ?

For all Health & Safety edicts we should ask : exactly how much safer will this make us ? 

And what are we sacrificing to achieve that ?

How much safer will this make the super protected darlings ? = As close to zero percent as it is possible to get without actually being zero.

What are we sacrificing ? = Quite a lot actually, banning parents from taking all but close ups of their own kids, particularly at a one off never to be repeated event.

Conclusion = The biggest load of cobblers since the banning of opening windows on trains

Shurrup 

I've disagreed with you many times Chekhov but, this time, I agree.

I remember this happening at my grandson's school and I was just as angry.

Another day, another pointless whinge about nothing.

Chekov's life must be great. Nothing serious to worry about so he'll worry about the pointless stuff instead. 

But you have options other than moaning on a forum about how you don't like things

1. Don't go

2. Video record it. You aren't photographing.

3. Use the camera on your phone and pretend you are texting

4. Photograph anyway. Chances are the school won't be checking cameras and deleting photos. 

Edited by Delayed

Who would be a headmaster or headmistress having to contend with parents.

Twixt the devil and the deep blue sea.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Who would be a headmaster or headmistress having to contend with parents.

Twixt the devil and the deep blue sea.

This sort of thing is tricky. Everyone wants pictures of their kids. Memories are important.

Trouble is that some kids could be endangered by careless sharing of photos.  Child protection trumps making memories, I'm afraid, so the school is probably right.

That said, the school will know if they have kids who need protecting. They could easily take photos, leave out any kids they need to and make the pics available to the parents via social media. 

Problem solved.

I doubt that Checkov will see it that way.

Indeed, this has sod all to do with health and safety, the above post sums it up.

I would question how the school can actually enforce this, like, unless they inspect your phones on leaving.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed, this has sod all to do with health and safety, the above post sums it up.

I would question how the school can actually enforce this, like, unless they inspect your phones on leaving.

It has quite a lot to do with health and safety.

I'm sure that even you can envisage a situation where a photo on social media might endanger a child.

Go on. Give your brain a wiggle. See if you can do it.

I was agreeing with you, chill out!

The trouble is that it is not the “authorities” at fault.

At one time a few photos would be shared with friends and family.

Now it’s facebook etc. and to my mind,quite wisely some parents would be well advised to steer clear of such platforms because they attract some unsavoury characters.

36 minutes ago, sibon said:

You should write to the school and suggest that all of the kids wear masks for the performance. Then photos could be allowed.

:hihi: