Ipod Nano Usb Lead Which One

I've bought a ipod nano came with a lead that's taped up but still works thought I'd buy a few leads as spares all leads charge nano no probs but not one lead works in I tunes ipod just doesn't show the taped up lead works fine any one know what lead I need I though they all same very confused its the large plug not lightning lead

poundland sell USB sync cables for iPods, all different ones, worth a nosey..

1 hour ago, Ghozer said:

poundland sell USB sync cables for iPods, all different ones, worth a nosey..

That's where I got 2 from rest were amazon and eBay can't figure we're im going wrong 

Maybe the cables are faulty ?

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

Maybe the cables are faulty ?

They from 3 different places they all charge it up so can't see them being faulty im going to purchase a genuine lead and try that really odd though

1 hour ago, Hans-solo said:

They from 3 different places they all charge it up so can't see them being faulty im going to purchase a genuine lead and try that really odd though

I’ve had an iPad that would only charge with a real Apple cable.

20 hours ago, Hans-solo said:

That's where I got 2 from rest were amazon and eBay can't figure we're im going wrong 

Maybe the iPod (or computer, or ports you're plugging into) is faulty....

8 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I’ve had an iPad that would only charge with a real Apple cable.

I had an iPhone 4 like that. I bought very good quality cables, it wouldn't charge or sync. Got one from Apple and no problems...very odd!

I've had plenty of Apple devices with no issues at all with after market cables. Also it does help if the PC USB port is clean and working properly. I have had them play up with some USB 3 ports. The rest of the time was me that couldn't be arsed to read how to setup the device with iTunes etc...can't blame anyone but me for that.