Monkeypox Madness

12 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Ta, interesting read, people should take note it mentions 2 other times it arrived on British shores so is neither new or a conspiracy in the aftermath of covid, both other cases were pre covid

19 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Monkeypox rife?

It is not new having been isolated and identified in the 1950s.

Monkeypox is transmitted by direct contact and the current cases are suspected to be associated with close physical  human-to-human contact.

Its biology is very different to that of coronaviruses and does not kill.

The American Far-Right have not yet jumped on the bandwagon and have not yet provided our resident Conspiracy Theorists with anything to copy. As evidenced by their ridiculous attempts so far. 

Particularly now we have Omicron and vaccines Covid kills very few people either.

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Particularly now we have Omicron and vaccines Covid kills very few people either.

Yup only 6 million so far

Edited by melthebell

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

Yup only 6 million so far

Where do you get those figures from ?

Were those people vaccinated ?

And, most important by far, how many of them actually died of Covid as opposed to they just happened to have it when they died of something else ?

I had Covid about two months ago, if I'd died of a heart attack at that time I would, by pure coincidence, be classed as a Covid death.

Which would have been ironic in the extreme....

8 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

And, most important by far, how many of them actually died of Covid as opposed to they just happened to have it when they died of something else ?

I had Covid about two months ago, if I'd died of a heart attack at that time I would, by pure coincidence, be classed as a Covid death.

Don't you dare turn this into another covid thread

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

What if the heart attack was induced by Covid? I had Covid O a couple of months ago and when I went out for the first time afterwards I felt like I was going to have a heart attack after a quarter mile - I normally walk 40 miles a week.

I met an old friend out shopping and he had had a heart attack while laid up in bed with Covid Delta.

3 minutes ago, Norbert said:

What if the heart attack was induced by Covid? I had Covid O a couple of months ago and when I went out for the first time afterwards I felt like I was going to have a heart attack after a quarter mile - I normally walk 40 miles a week.

I met an old friend out shopping and he had had a heart attack while laid up in bed with Covid Delta.

Is Covid Delta a drag act ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Chekhov said:

@Chekhov please keep covid discussions to the covid thread.. 

13 hours ago, Norbert said:

I have answered this post here (on the Covid thread).

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Lol, rising cases, new advice, isolation and possible vaccinations should keep certain people unhappy for a while. Enjoy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61640196

Hilarious…..