Monkeypox Madness

7 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Not quite, its skin-to-skin contact and from saliva droplets 

Sorry I thought all of the above  they were synonymous with love making 🤣.

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Sorry I thought all of the above  they were synonymous with love making 🤣.

Not exclusively. I've just made a mental note never to shake your hand.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Not exclusively. I've just made a mental note never to shake your hand.  

It's not shaking my hand that's been the problem 🤣.

I don't understand why they call it monkey pox because I saw a doctor on TV who said that it isn't spread by monkeys  but by rats.

I wish someone would cast more light on this.

As usual, all the media feature doom laden headlines and none ever quote from a responsible reliable source what the truth is.

Surely the NHS can put up a spokes-person to explain it properly on the national news and prevent all the media from trying to beat each other with the most sensational write up.

The usual lack of information from those who are well paid and well perked and supposed to be looking after our health.

@Organgrinder- totally correct. I sometimes wonder if the 'news' media should be renamed the 'doom' media.

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I don't understand why they call it monkey pox because I saw a doctor on TV who said that it isn't spread by monkeys  but by rats.

As far as I can tell the virus was originally discovered in monkeys and the reason it got the name.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As usual, all the media feature doom laden headlines and none ever quote from a responsible reliable source what the truth is.

Surely the NHS can put up a spokes-person to explain it properly on the national news and prevent all the media from trying to beat each other with the most sensational write up.

The usual lack of information from those who are well paid and well perked and supposed to be looking after our health.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well I don't suppose there's that many monkeys running wild in Sheffield...

... so it probably makes sense to change the name of the suspects as a precaution so as not to alarm anyone living near Graves park. :hihi:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Classic conspiracy theorism, exactly how they are created, i think somethings happening, therefore its happening

Errr, no. It's happening now.....

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61546480

Anyone at the highest risk of having caught monkeypox should isolate for 21 days, official guidance says.

The advice, from the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), applies to anyone who has had direct or household contact with a confirmed case.

Contacts are advised to provide their details for contact tracing, forgo travel, and avoid contact with immuno suppressed people, pregnant women, and children under 12.

AFAIK Monkeypox is not that serious, also according to the BBC :

The infection usually clears up on its own and lasts between 14 and 21 days.
Although there has [only] been a small number of deaths attributed to the virus in west and central Africa since December, particularly in the Democratic Republic of Congo, none have been reported by the World Health Organisation in other countries where cases have been found.

We are in very dangerous territory because after the over reaction of Covid if we do the same for Moneypox a very dangerous precedent is set.....

Why had the idea of isolation when suffering from or carrying an infectious disease become such an emotive subject.

Its been common sense for years for a whole range of transmissible diseases.

Many friends I know are so worked up into a state of anxiety over first the Coronavirus now the Monkey Pox virus that they are suffering from bad panic attacks. Have we ever known times like these ? 

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Many friends I know are so worked up into a state of anxiety over first the Coronavirus now the Monkey Pox virus that they are suffering from bad panic attacks. Have we ever known times like these ? 

yup, mankinds had plagues, ebola, sars, etc etc etc

plus war