Taxpayers' Funds Proposed To Be Wasted On Unwanted & Ineffective Parking Scheme

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

So much for local politics.

Let the locals decide.

I hope the Council know how padded this petition is.

You are allowing he car owners from Dore, Nether Edge, Crookes etc, to override the needs of residents.

This should be a local issue not one decided by outsiders.

Sorry but you are incorrect once again! First of all anyone who resides in the area or is affected can sign. Such is the extraordinary size of this proposed scheme that not only does it include the residents of almost 70 roads but a large number of businesses,shops, cafes, community centres, schools, a college,sports facilities, a library, dentists, g p surgeries, a stroke rehab unit, special schools , Norfolk heritage park etc. The employees/ users etc of all these will have to find £6.50 daily to park . There are folk working at Sheffield wildlife trust for example who have noalternate means of car travel from out of Sheffield who will need to find an extra £32.50/ week or no job . Students at Sheffield college likewise. Where do you suggest they find this…..do not suggest public transport as we all know this is not fit for purpose! Neither does this proposal guarantee a space for anyone

The OP is correct this labour/ green party council will soon be coming likewise to a street near you and the money said to be in such supply must be better spent!!

• Like 2

Tried to log in to sign the petition but my password is incorrect, chose the reset option twice now and still waiting. And no it's not in spam, though I could forgive my mail provider for marking anything from these clowns as spam.

• Like 1

Thank you for trying, blackydog

ManInCrete, indeed!  

I re-registered. I thought it would be the same account as planning, which I can view. Signed now.

• Like 1

Mr Bloke, it takes less than 5 minutes to try, and I can’t see how that is 5 minutes wasted.  If it doesn’t succeed, in the same amount of time it takes to write a complaint, you’ve at least made an effort to make a point to them.

So many people are so disdainful of the Council.  I can understand why - with things like the felling of the trees - but they do also do positive things and is it not possible they learned their lesson with the tree debacle?  The Council do seem to have changed - they’ve formed the LACs, for example.  I believe in people’s positive nature - the Council included.  If that is the definition of naïveté, I am very happy for you to brand me with that label :).

I have no particular views on the scheme either way, but I'll just point out that such schemes by their very nature have to encompass a much larger area than just the specific problematic streets. Otherwise the problem just gets shifted from those streets to the ones adjacent  to them.

• Like 1

Perhaps a park and ride scheme. where you can park miles away from your house and get bussed in to where you live.

I'm a little lost.

On the inner edges of town I can sort of understand , Lansdown etc (but still don't agree with).

T's a long time since I worked around Norfolk park (tower blocks were still there), Blackstock, Arbourthorne etc, etc.

Has there been that much of a problem with 'parking' ?

So you pay yer car tax or what ever you want to call it & get stuffed with paying for something your already paying for. 

Worlds gone daft :huh:.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Perhaps a park and ride scheme. where you can park miles away from your house and get bussed in to where you live.

I'm a little lost.

On the inner edges of town I can sort of understand , Lansdown etc (but still don't agree with).

T's a long time since I worked around Norfolk park (tower blocks were still there), Blackstock, Arbourthorne etc, etc.

Has there been that much of a problem with 'parking' ?

So you pay yer car tax or what ever you want to call it & get stuffed with paying for something your already paying for. 

Worlds gone daft :huh:.

Hmmm... :huh:

It's probably best you keep suggestions like this to yourself, Mr Rocker...

... or else we may have SCC coming up with a scheme where people will have to drive to Rotherham to park their car and then catch a bus back home! :roll:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It's probably best you keep suggestions like this to yourself, Mr Rocker...

... or else we may have SCC coming up with a scheme where people will have to drive to Rotherham to park their car and then catch a bus back home! :roll:

Exactly my point Mr B.

Although father in law used to do it regularly.

Park in the little car park opposite Violet May's, catch the bus home, then wonder where the car was 🤣

Edited by Rockers rule
-

This petition was started in March and had 512 signatures by last Friday

Another mockery of local decision making.

Loud activists influencing local decision making by parachuting in the opinions of outsiders.

This taxpayer business is a red herring, everybody including children pay tax which goes to central government which is the biggest part of Council spending. Some of this expenditure, like this, is ring fenced.

Let locals decide!

if its as you say and the majority dont want this scheme,why did the majority vote for it by voting labour?

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This petition was started in March and had 512 signatures by last Friday

Another mockery of local decision making.

Loud activists influencing local decision making by parachuting in the opinions of outsiders.

This taxpayer business is a red herring, everybody including children pay tax which goes to central government which is the biggest part of Council spending. Some of this expenditure, like this, is ring fenced.

Let locals decide!

You really need to try harder! The online petition works in tandem to the paper one and there are approaching 1800 against. 
the scheme was instigated following pressure applied over the last couple of years by a handful of folk who say there is a problem with “commuters” parking on their roads ( 3 or 4 in reality). FYI they too organised a questionnaire of sorts which simply asked some 349 houses if they would support the introduction of a parking scheme. No mention of costs or other restrictions. Seemingly around 49 replied to say yes out of a total number of replies of some80 ish

This questionnaire was organised apparently by a green councillor and supporters together with some local labour activists

despite this scc surprise surprise are suggesting a much wider scheme covering hundreds of house holds and businesses who have no problem with parking and never will have a cash cow maybe 

fyi the council have publicly said via their leader and other councillors they will not impose this if the residents and other interested parties show they don’t want it

the cost is currently just under £50 / car: year and £96/ second car

if you house hold has more cars then tough cos there’s no guarantee you can have a permit and as there are no permit holder only spaces no guarantee a space

thr scheme for kelham costs just under £300 for 2 cars

be aware this is coming to your area next so you need to be organised

finally note that our labour chums in Leeds operate similar schemes with a 3 year renewal against scc one year. Leeds is free cos they know how to use their dish!

23 minutes ago, bassett one said:

if its as you say and the majority dont want this scheme,why did the majority vote for it by voting labour?

Ha ha ! The majority maybe did not vote labour but given the manor castle ward covers an even greater area no surprise that labour won?