Taxpayers' Funds Proposed To Be Wasted On Unwanted & Ineffective Parking Scheme

29 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You want to remove somebody elses post because you merely dont agree with it?

How very odd.

Maybe forums arent for you.

This was my post.  Can I not remove it?  It’s not because I disagree with it.  It’s because it’s not doing anything but generating negativity.  Would Jesus want that, HeHasRisen?

I didn’t understand what a forum was. Now I do.  It’s a negative time-waster and, no, they aren’t for me.  

Edited by Allison R
Adding

1 minute ago, Allison R said:

Annie, this doesn’t even make sense.  What did I say to give you the impression that we are a group that “sells itself” as anything?  Ditto for “outraged”? And triple ditto for “taking the credit for causing the tree debacle”?  Nothing I said would give the impression that we were even trying to take credit for stopping the tree debacle, let alone the bizarre idea that we would want to claim credit for causing it!  It seems to me that you are the one who is outraged, and I really can’t understand why you have so much at stake in me putting information out about a petition that you could simply not sign if you think it’s not relevant.  Does it really make sense to pour so much negativity on it?  What do you have to lose by a petition being out there ignored by everyone on this site?  Don’t you have anything better to do with your time?  All I was doing was trying to put some information out there that I thought was relevant. Obviously, pretty much everyone on this forum disagrees, so I will remove the post.  I can use my energy in more positive ways and have no interest in defending myself to people who seem just to be trolling for things they can be disdainful about,

Don’t leave , stay 

9 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Well there's a surprise! :hihi:

Again, snide ugliness.  Why?  All I did was put information out there.  Why are you people so disdainful? 

11 minutes ago, Allison R said:

This does not make sense.  Why does this bother you so much?  I am going to remove this post if possible.  If not, I won’t bother coming back here. What a useless negative site!

What doesn’t make sense?

It bothers me when folk like you come on here spreading misinformation on subjects I happen to know quite a bit about.

Just now, Planner1 said:

What doesn’t make sense?

It bothers me when folk like you come on here spreading misinformation on subjects I happen to know quite a bit about.

What misinformation?  I genuinely would like to know.  All of these facts came from the Council’s proposal itself, except the budget, which was emailed to one of our group in response to his request for details.  I have no interest in spreading misinformation, so if you can set me straight in a way that takes into account that it was never my intent to spread misinformation, I would welcome that. If you could do it without disdain, it would be easier to hear you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Allison R said:

Again, snide ugliness.  Why?  All I did was put information out there.  Why are you people so disdainful? 

Allison , that was not aimed at you . Read the posts from the start of the thread 

• Like 1

Just now, Allison R said:

What misinformation?  I genuinely would like to know.  All of these facts came from the Council’s proposal itself, except the budget, which was emailed to one of our group in response to his request for details.  I have no interest in spreading misinformation, so if you can set me straight in a way that takes into account that it was never my intent to spread misinformation, I would welcome that. If you could do it without disdain, it would be easier to hear you.

What doesn’t make sense is that you’re saying I’m presenting this information citywide, then I should extend that to nationwide. This is a Council plan and a Council decision paid for with Council funds, not national funds – as far as I understand and according to the email we received from the Council. If that is wrong, could you please correct me – ideally without disdain if you would like the information to be taken in – and tell me your source?

9 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

I have no particular views on the scheme either way, but I'll just point out that such schemes by their very nature have to encompass a much larger area than just the specific problematic streets. Otherwise the problem just gets shifted from those streets to the ones adjacent  to them.

We understand this logic, but the residents who currently have no problem have considered this and our streets have plenty of room for overflow.  Most of us feel that we would rather have the parkers displaced from the 4 affected streets parking on our streets (they will be spread out over so many streets, we don;t feel it will be a problem) than to have our visitors/carers/tradespeople have to pay for pay-and-display, and have ugly meters and yellow lines on our streets, to not be able to park across our own driveways, and to pay for permits to park for non-guaranteed parking in our own streets.

19 minutes ago, Allison R said:

If you think no-one on here is taking you seriously enough...

... then you're going to be in for a bit of a shock if you get your meeting with SCC! :hihi:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

If you think no-one on here is taking you seriously enough...

... then you're going to be in for a bit of a shock if you get your meeting with SCC! :hihi:

Thanks for all the kind wishes, Mr Bloke.  I don’t care that no one is taking it seriously. I just cannot understand the meanness and distain. I’m strong enough to take it – it just seems pointless and petty and immature and sad.  I don’t understand what has happened to people. It’s like they seem to revel in putting other people down. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Allison R
Adding

4 minutes ago, Allison R said:

Thanks for all the kind wishes, Mr Bloke.  I don’t care that no one is taking it seriously. I just cannot understand the meanness and distain. I’m strong enough to take it – it just seems pointless and petty and immature and sad.  I don’t understand what has happened to people. It’s like they seem to revel in putting other people down. 🤷‍♀️

Some people on this forum defend the council repeatedly 

4 minutes ago, Allison R said:

Don't think you're getting around me that easily!

Snide ugliness indeed! :rant:

:hihi::hihi::hihi: