Should I Shave My Head?

Years ago we had a rep coming to the place I worked. He was very tall, much taller than all the people  there and had plenty of hair we thought.

Until one day he bent down to reveal that it was only a carefully constructed stripe of hair about 1 inch wide that looked from below as if he had a full head of hair. 

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

I have been a little thin on top for 20+ years. I like my hair, but is it time to shave it all off.

Does a bald/shaved head give a certain image, positive or negative?

Do baldies just shave with an electric hair trimmer or a shaver?

There seems to be more barbers shops than ever in my local town, but £5 just to trim a few hairs seems excessive, they don't seem busy.

I'd say it depends on the shape of your head. Some men can carry off a bald head and look OK, but some men can't.

You can always try it and see.  Presumably it will grow back if you don't like it.

I don't think money should come into it, when you consider how much women spend on trying to look their best.

There are also treatments for hair loss like Minoxidil and a clever haircut can work wonders if you decide to go that way. But it has to be what pleases you most.

Edited by Anna B

"Before and After" photos, please. 😜

17 hours ago, El Cid said:

... Does a bald/shaved head give a certain image, positive or negative? ...

Depends.  Bone structure, age, style, attitude, personality...   Jason Statham or Prince William?  Patrick Stewart or Jeff Bezos?  The Rock or Dr Phil?  Lots of different images there.

17 hours ago, El Cid said:

I have been a little thin on top for 20+ years. I like my hair, but is it time to shave it all off.

There seems to be more barbers shops than ever in my local town, but £5 just to trim a few hairs seems excessive, they don't seem busy.

Its £10  here in the South West!! £5 seems very reasonable to me.

20 hours ago, El Cid said:

I'd say a bald/shaved head generally gives a negative image. At best it's of a rough or hard man, but to me  it's of a man who's old or given up on his appearance. Forget the film stars who would probably look attractive with or without hair, and the rich men like Besoz who can get away with anything as they have other attractions. Ordinary mortals need all the help they can get and that usually includes a head of hair.

Men of course just think it makes them look sexy. It doesn't.

Do men like bald women? 

Edited by Anna B

58 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'd say a bald/shaved head generally gives a negative image. At best it's of a rough or hard man, but to me  it's of a man who's old or given up on his appearance. Forget the film stars who would probably look attractive with or without hair, and the rich men like Besoz who can get away with anything as they have other attractions. Ordinary mortals need all the help they can get and that usually includes a head of hair.

Men of course just think it makes them look sexy. It doesn't.

Do men like bals women? 

As my wife often says, "It's for the wearer, not the starer." 

You do whatever suits you El Cid & shave your head if you like & *ugger anyone else's option. 

Edited by Baron99

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

As my wife often says, "It's for the wearer, not the starer." 

You do whatever suits you El Cid & shave your head if you like & *ugger anyone else's option. 

I agree. I said that in post 16. 

But El Cid also asked directly if it gave a positive or negative image to others.

So I answered that part of his original post on a purely personal level. Just my opinion.

People really only have to please themselves.

Let it grow and have a comb over but stay out of the photo booths.  :hihi:

Guest makapaka
22 hours ago, El Cid said:

Did it all through the lockdown thing. Decent pair of shears from Argos or summat and your away.

54 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Let it grow and have a comb over but stay out of the photo booths.  :hihi:

I imagine you had this in mind:

Edited by horribleblob

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Did it all through the lockdown thing. Decent pair of shears from Argos or summat and your away.

I am now seeing multiple adds for 'skull shaver' 🤣🤣