Should I Shave My Head?

20 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

As far as I know, £10 is about average for a gents haircut, these days.  Don't forget, we're generally in & out in about 15 mins. 

Does the 15 minutes include 10 minutes waiting time?

We have a barbers in my local town that attracts customers from other towns.

A couple of years ago it stated £4 on the window, but they charged £3 for a quick clippers cut. I believe they now state £7 on the window, but can charge £5 for quick cut.

They even cut eyebrows so they finish too quick, we don't want to look like Dennis Healey 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Does the 15 minutes include 10 minutes waiting time?

We have a barbers in my local town that attracts customers from other towns.

A couple of years ago it stated £4 on the window, but they charged £3 for a quick clippers cut. I believe they now state £7 on the window, but can charge £5 for quick cut.

They even cut eyebrows so they finish too quick, we don't want to look like Dennis Healey 🤣🤣

They started to ask me if I wanted my brows trimming about a decade ago.  God, it made me feel old.  Then my wife bought me a little trimmer to take care of the ear & nose hair.  I think I need to take the hint. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I do remember though when I used to go to John Taylor's on Surrey St up until the early 1990's.  As soon as they became Taylor Taylor, the haircut shot up to about £8.  I was out the door, quick as a flash.   God knows what the cost is these days? 

I used to go to Fantham’s on Division St when Steve, the old Ukrainian guy had it. It was spit and sawdust but you were guaranteed a good laugh. When Steve packed it in Taylor took it over and out went the team photos from the wall and it was done up like a nightclub closet. I tried it once, got charged about 50% more and started going to Nigel Coulson’s on West Street. That was cheap enough but it had a high staff turnover. The owner would show up, empty the till and disappear again. 

On 23/05/2022 at 17:04, jonnythefox said:

Go for it, i do mine every friday, shaving foam and razor, have done since i started loosing it in my middle forties.

I got my clippers out last night! It feels cold, but I am happy with it