Fans Running On The Pitch.

Something really needs to do something about fans running on the pitch, It's only a matter of time before someone does it at Hillsborough and gets man of the match.

• Haha 4

I don’t like football at all but fans should keep off the pitch away from the players, the thug that assaulted Billy Sharp got his just desserts and quite rightly so, there’s been plenty of talk on Facebook about him but what about the other thug that stamped on a fan, seems United have a thug in their team too, Mr Ollie McBurnie, will he get the same prison term as the Forest fan.

43 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I don’t like football at all but fans should keep off the pitch away from the players, the thug that assaulted Billy Sharp got his just desserts and quite rightly so, there’s been plenty of talk on Facebook about him but what about the other thug that stamped on a fan, seems United have a thug in their team too, Mr Ollie McBurnie, will he get the same prison term as the Forest fan.

Well no, given he was allowed to be on the field of play (or next to it) at the time. Can easily claim self defence.

Same applies to Patrick Viera (however you spell his name)

Edited by HeHasRisen

32 minutes ago, lazarus said:

That would depend upon the actual circumstances wouldn't it? The Billy Sharp incident was clear for all to see, he was stood at the side of the pitch  completely unaware of the thug running toward him until he was attacked.

Now, if McBurnie went up to a random Forest fan who wasn't threatening or attacking anyone and attacked him without provocation then yes he should face the consequences.

But we don't know whether that was the case or not do we? You have referred to McBurnie as a thug without knowing the full facts, haven't you? It would appear as though despite claiming " I don't like football at all " you took the trouble to come on the thread and give an uninformed opinion, you may not like football but you appear to have a biased outlook about certain matters.

Incidentally, there is a precedent at the Forest ground for a member of a club striking a fan encroaching on the pitch. Brian Clough famously gave a Forest fan a clip for being on the pitch, I don't think Cloughy did time for the assault. You are probably unaware of that incident what with you not liking the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Yeah, they all seemed to go kinda quiet about that side of things didn't they. Not surprising really they do have form when it comes to things like this.

Do we? Some people have short memories.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/may/02/sheffield-wednesday-crystal-palace-pitch-invasion

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

That would depend upon the actual circumstances wouldn't it? The Billy Sharp incident was clear for all to see, he was stood at the side of the pitch  completely unaware of the thug running toward him until he was attacked.

Now, if McBurnie went up to a random Forest fan who wasn't threatening or attacking anyone and attacked him without provocation then yes he should face the consequences.

But we don't know whether that was the case or not do we? You have referred to McBurnie as a thug without knowing the full facts, haven't you? It would appear as though despite claiming " I don't like football at all " you took the trouble to come on the thread and give an uninformed opinion, you may not like football but you appear to have a biased outlook about certain matters.

Incidentally, there is a precedent at the Forest ground for a member of a club striking a fan encroaching on the pitch. Brian Clough famously gave a Forest fan a clip for being on the pitch, I don't think Cloughy did time for the assault. You are probably unaware of that incident what with you not liking the game.

Uninformed ? Seems that word implies someone told me I saw the incident, Stamping on any one just isn’t right whether I’m a fan or not, 

8 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Uninformed ? Seems that word implies someone told me I saw the incident, Stamping on any one just isn’t right whether I’m a fan or not, 

Hmmm... :huh:

Nope!

You saw what you wanted to see!

Do you really think that someone who currently has an injured leg and earns a living from being in top physical shape is really going to risk further injury by deliberately stamping on someone by choice?

If you do, then clearly you know even less about the game than you think! :roll:

He saw an out of context, poorly filmed 8 second clip.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yes, uninformed, if you only saw the same incident that I and the rest of us saw. 

It showed Mc Burnie looking down and either stamping on a poor innocent person who had inadvertantly wandered onto the field of play and apart from being wrong by being there was blameless. Or alternatively, it may have been someone knocked over by a third party and McBurnie may have been trying to avoid treading on him. Another possibility is that the person on the ground had attacked McBurnie or a team mate without provocation and McBurnie was reacting to that.

As there is no evidence ( as far as I know ) of what happened immediately before the video that is on the internet was taken there is no way of people who weren't there being certain of what actually happened is there? You have chosen to believe the worst without proof.

The United players were totally outnumbered and surrounded by Forest fans, a Blades player had been assaulted, perhaps you are so calm cool and collected that you wouldn't have had a problem. Most of the rest of us would have had adrenaline coursing through us and been ready to defend ourselves at the slightest provocation.

It is also quite interesting that the video only shows the action of McBurnie. What are the chances that the camera was only turned on at that exact moment?

A bit of editing went on there maybe?

3 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I don't read that tripe, but that pitch invasion has nothing to do with my comments, please try and focus. Just to refresh your memory, I was commenting on the McBurnie situation and my perceived lack of condemnation from the other third of the city.

No you weren't, your comment included " they do have form when it comes to things like this ". Implying that it was something common to United but unknown to happen with the S6 lot.

I was simply retorting to that by pointing out that people in glass houses.........

That 'tripe' was a report on your fans invading the pitch and attacking a Crystal Palace player.  You're the one that needs to focus, if you go off topic in order to have a dig expect one back, OK?

• Haha 1

I see 🔔end McBurnie has been at it again! 
If only he put as much effort putting the boot in to that fan as he does in an actual match he might even get the odd goal! He wants prosecuting for crimes against professional football.

Just now, Kelvin Phlats said:

There is no logic at all in that comment. It was the Forest fans that invaded the pitch. The comment I made had nothing to do with pitch invasions and more to do with the third of Sheffield that will condemn somethings whilst turning a blind eye to other things. In other words being selective to what is wrong and right. As i pointed out, condemnation of the attack on sharpe and nothing on McBurnie. Do you dig it now sunshine?

You really struggle with logic and comprehension don't you ' sunshine '?

Had you simply commented on what happened at Forest that would have been fine. However, you chose to have a dig at the Blades, ignoring the fact that when it comes to hooliganism either in the ground or outside your lot have a far worse record than the Blades.

The attack on Sharp was clear cut, he was attacked without warning and without being able to defend himself.  The McBurnie incident isn't clear at all. Eight seconds with no indication of what happened immediately before is proof of nothing.

If it turns out that he attacked someone without provocation then he should be prosecuted, but that isn't proven is it? Obviously you want to leap to a conclusion in order to suit your bias. I understand, it must be soul destroying when you are under the delusion that you support a Big Club and yet the unavoidable truth is that you don't, and that the other club in the city who don't believe they are that Big have played in the Premiership several times this century while the Massive haven't done so.

Dig that ' sunshine' ?

• Haha 1