Two Arrests For Sheffield Park Murder

If not addressed the amount of murders  in Sheffield will eventually impact the reputation of the city

16 minutes ago, Dr Afzal said:

If not addressed the amount of murders  in Sheffield will eventually impact the reputation of the city

I assume you have looked at the murder rate and compared it to other urban areas? Please post your findings.

Only in your opinion. I think it is a great place to live.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

That ship has sailed. Sheffield is considered a dump to the nation.

Our nearest neighbor Rotherham is demonstrably worse than Sheffield so that can't be true. I don't recall Sheffield ever featuring highly in any Crap Towns list. So despite all our problems maybe we are still 'living the dream'

Guest busdriver1
4 hours ago, Norbert said:

Our nearest neighbor Rotherham is demonstrably worse than Sheffield so that can't be true. I don't recall Sheffield ever featuring highly in any Crap Towns list. So despite all our problems maybe we are still 'living the dream'

Really? I would love to see your evidence of that from reputable sources. I chose Rotherham over Sheffield years ago because the people are more friendly and generally  it is safer in my personal Experience. I had the misfortune of visiting (very briefly) a suburb of Sheffield today and I thought I had strayed into Ukraine. I could not get out quick enough.

Rotherham no longer has much of a town centre, although there are a few new developments ongoing. On  topic  I would say knife crime in Sheffield seems quite bad. I don't know about other towns and cities.

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

Golly Crap Towns book was 2005/2006? I remember asking my parents to buy it me as I was a pre-teen who thought a book with swearing in the title was cool. Sheffield has changed significantly since then, and not for the better.

There were 2 follow up books (last one 2013) and the concept has been used by other sources since. I have never owned a copy but the info is easily available.

7 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Really? I would love to see your evidence of that from reputable sources. I chose Rotherham over Sheffield years ago because the people are more friendly and generally  it is safer in my personal Experience. I had the misfortune of visiting (very briefly) a suburb of Sheffield today and I thought I had strayed into Ukraine. I could not get out quick enough.

Which suburb did you visit? Was it worse than Canklow, Eastwood, Central Rotherham, Brinsworth?

Rotherham has appeared on multiple lists of bad places to live, unlike Sheffield.

yeah people have ideas about areas,mine was horrid,but they pulled down the big tower blocks,did re-furbs,many bought there house,some new builds ect,ect now fetching good prices for houses,average crime,okay sum bad uns,but even many posh areas have drug dealers ect,some seem to think if they live in dore ect they wont get caught,but they do,but gun crime does seem to be on the increase in sheffield,

Guest busdriver1
10 hours ago, Norbert said:

Which suburb did you visit? Was it worse than Canklow, Eastwood, Central Rotherham, Brinsworth?

Rotherham has appeared on multiple lists of bad places to live, unlike Sheffield.

Well by including Brinsworth you clearly demonstrate you do not know the area and are relying on rumour and unreliable sources. 

I would suggest the reason Sheffield has not appeared on those lists is because its a given.

BRINSWORTH ??? 😂

https://crimerate.co.uk/south-yorkshire/sheffield#:~:text=Sheffield is the most dangerous,90 crimes per 1%2C000 people.