The Grapes Of Wrath .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

The building trade union was always not fit for purpose Anna , We were often told to do as the gaffers ordered or get the sack .

For employers it seems more a case of how many safety regulations can we get round in some way, rather than trying to implement them. I hope any worker who falls foul of them and is injured, sues the pants off the employer.

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

For employers it seems more a case of how many safety regulations can we get round in some way, rather than trying to implement them. I hope any worker who falls foul of them and is injured, sues the pants off the employer.

I don't know the current regulations at my old place of  work (been left 15 years), but if we (as staff) went on the shop floor for any reason, we had to wear: safety shoes, ear defenders, flame-proof coats, safety helmets as a minimum, with additional items depending on what was being processed at the time, and that was even if we only went into the 'cold' areas.

I once had a pint in The Grapes at Wath.

• Like 1