House Buyers Survey - Recommendations

House buyers survey, looking for a competant and reasonably priced RICS surveyor, any suggestions welcome.

Property is in High Green.

thanks.

i wouldnt bother, surveyors now cover their own backs so much in reports that the slightest thing is a problem, better to get a competent builder to look at it for you, then if you need a survey for mortgage use the minimum and cheapest basic survey.

As stated previously, a good builder/lender’s house buying report, if you don’t need a mortgage and are concerned about the property, then a full structural survey may be a good idea.

Was kind of thinking that a surveyor would have insurance cover so that even if they missed an issue I would have some comeback to get it sorted ? Guess thats really what I'm paying for.

37 minutes ago, peteh1 said:

Was kind of thinking that a surveyor would have insurance cover so that even if they missed an issue I would have some comeback to get it sorted ? Guess thats really what I'm paying for.

good luck with that its a hell of a job to prove, use a decent reputable builder to put your mind at rest if you think there is an issue.

But a builder might not be impartial- finding work 'needing' to be done so as to benefit him/herself- unlike a Chartered Surveyor.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

But a builder might not be impartial- finding work 'needing' to be done so as to benefit him/herself- unlike a Chartered Surveyor.

to be honest we dont need to find work at the moment, we have more work than we can cope with , any reputable builder doesnt find work when its not there when looking at a job? i have often advised people without plying for work thats why we get the work. we have noticed in recent years surveyors and building inspectors have massively increased their safety margins in case of being sued it looks like to us, no problem for us but for the customer it means increased cost.