Billy Sharp Assaulted By Forest Fan.

Probably one of the worst assaults on a player I've seen. I'm  sure he'll be banned for life for all Forest games now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Probably one of the worst assaults on a player I've seen. I'm  sure he'll be banned for life for all Forest games now. 

Yes, and so he should !

6 hours ago, ukdobby said:

He should get a long sentence,United's manager should get a fine too.

Why should United manager get a fine ?

14 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

I don't think a football ban is sufficient punishment personally.

This is an act of violence against an innocent. He has committed an unprovoked assault, resulting in actual bodily harm. The manner in which he carried out the assault was complete cowardice! He attacked Sharp from out of eyesight which doesn't even allow the player to and protect / defend himself against the attack. 

I suppose it all depends on his past criminal record as to how this one will pan out in court. 

I meant to say minimum. I'm sure he'll get more than a football ban for it, assault that was so not sure what the going rate is for that but we shouldn't be seeing things like that at football grounds.

Edited by NERVY-OWL

Following the conclusion of whatever sentence this waste of life receives, he should be legally ordered to attend a place of retention during any Forest home game for as long as the court thinks fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wendelspans said:

Imagine waiting all those years to see your team in the top flight and when they do finally have a decent shot at it assaulting one of the opposition players wearing a bright yellow top.

What goes through some peoples minds ?

Very little apparently, except for aggressive hatred for no discernable reason. His team won, they are on their way to Wembley and instead of enjoying the moment and celebrating with his fellow supporters he decides to attack someone with no warning like a coward. Hope Billy is OK.

I had booked a weekend away in the Lake District with the family and had to watch the first leg in a bar. I say watch it, but they only showed the first half, then the program automatically switched over so that we could all enjoy the build up to the Cup Final! Anyway I got chatting to a really nice couple who were Forest fans and I hope they get promoted for the sake of decent supporters like them. Most fans are in fairness.

He'll get what he deserves inside prison, as well a what the law decides.

Simon Jordan on Talk Sport had a bit of a different insight on the Sharp incident this morning

16 minutes ago, lobster said:

Simon Jordan on Talk Sport had a bit of a different insight on the Sharp incident this morning

Just seen that on Twitter. Does that excuse the reaction from the fan then?

Of course it doesnt. This idiot ran from a totally different part of the ground to where the dugouts were located.

For the benefit of everyone else - Simon Jordan was claiming Sharp and McBurnie were winding up the Forest fans.

Edited by HeHasRisen

17 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The Football (Offences) Act 1991 states: “It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).”

Well yes, but a fair few thousand were breaking that one, same at Huddersfield the night before and at countless other grounds in the week or so before at the final games of the season. Thats not really the main issue at hand.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Oh of course, cant argue with that.

31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh of course, cant argue with that.

Thanks but knowing this forum I'm sure we'll get someone who does.