'Prince' Naseem Ahmed Turns Into Mr Tubby

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

That may be your impression but, his well documented  behaviour says otherwise and he does himself no favours.

Most ex champions in boxing, and other sports too, act with grace & dignity after retirement and become even more loved by the public because of this.

He hasn't grown up yet.

Well I did say I didn't know him that well despite meeting up in his company a few times.

I chatted to him in the boxing club and a sauna a few times and he came across ok with me.

Errol Graham was definitely a nicer bloke who also chatted with in the gym sauna.

Not saying Naseem is a saint far from it, I know all about his brushes with the law but I judge him as he is with me and I found him ok  

43 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Well I did say I didn't know him that well despite meeting up in his company a few times.

I chatted to him in the boxing club and a sauna a few times and he came across ok with me.

Errol Graham was definitely a nicer bloke who also chatted with in the gym sauna.

Not saying Naseem is a saint far from it, I know all about his brushes with the law but I judge him as he is with me and I found him ok  

That’s fair enough. That’s how I tend to judge people 

14 hours ago, jonnythefox said:

I heard a story someone hit him with a pool cue in the freemasons at hillsborough breaking his hand because he was acting the big man with the wrong person. This was at the time when graham pugh was landlord.

I thought that was at Pinegrove Country Club Stannington -I know he got walloped there

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, lobster said:

I thought that was at Pinegrove Country Club Stannington -I know he got walloped there

It was a standard urban myth back then that he got beat up in [enter pub name here] for being cocky.

Edited by makapaka

9 hours ago, lobster said:

Could have been pinegrove, but it definately happened

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

It was a standard urban myth back then that he got beat up in [enter pub name here] for being cocky.

Not beat up just got his hand bust with a pool cue

On 19/05/2022 at 00:23, lobster said:

An old work colleagues husband witnessed this....

Saw him a few times in a pizza takeaway on Hillsborough corner before the shops were demolished, he'd come in with his 'heavies' and push to the front of the queue and demand he be served first, anyone questioned him it would be the old "Do you know who I am" line from behind his mates..

2 hours ago, Longy67 said:

An old work colleagues husband witnessed this....

Saw him a few times in a pizza takeaway on Hillsborough corner before the shops were demolished, he'd come in with his 'heavies' and push to the front of the queue and demand he be served first, anyone questioned him it would be the old "Do you know who I am" line from behind his mates..

He's just gross.

No wonder so many people had a go a battering him.

The fact the OP can't even get his name right tells you everything, doesn't it. Naseem Ahmed??!

Personally i do see him as a local hero. He inspired a whole generation of kids that would otherwise have gone down the wrong route in life. Saw this firsthand at Brendan's gym.

Probably contributed far more positively and meaningfully to society than anyone on this thread in all honesty, but there seems to be a lot of judging on the guy. for some reason.

Probably more than we judge our corrupt politicians ironically!

36 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

there seems to be a lot of judging on the guy. for some reason.

Perhaps related to his prison sentence for dangerous driving, where he seriously injured someone and abandoned the scene?

2 hours ago, dave_the_m said:

Perhaps related to his prison sentence for dangerous driving, where he seriously injured someone and abandoned the scene?

Perhaps also related to his cocky and threatening attitude to ordinary people.

Getting his name right is not important to the vast majority of ordinary people, and frankly, neither is he.

If you like people to talk nice about you, you have to be a nice guy.

• Like 1