Street Parties Queens Jubilee

45 minutes ago, rainylady1 said:

No it's not being grumpy, I bet they haven't thought of how emergency services would get if needed

It's just an excuse for people to have a party, 

They arent shutting main roads you know. If an ambulance needs to go up a closed side road, it will go up a closed side road.

I remember all this rubbish being spouted on here when they shut roads for ONE DAY when the Tour de France came through. People going on and on about how nobody would be able to access the hospital, how people would die when ambulances couldnt get to them etc. Load of hysterical rubbish.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think if people want to have a party then leave them to it.  If you don’t want to take part then you don’t have to.  Each to their own.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rainylady1 said:

No it's not being grumpy, I bet they haven't thought of how emergency services would get if needed

I bet they have thought about emergency service access. They've probably concluded that a) the chances of access being needed are tiny, and b) if it is needed, simply move the tables & chairs out the way as quickly as possible, assuming the ambulance driver doesn't just turn around and go a different way before you've time to react anyway.

Every single day badly-parked cars and queueing traffic cause headaches for drivers of emergency vehicles but yes, the one-off 2-3 hour street parties on residential roads are the problem, yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, rainylady1 said:

When we applied for a closure for the silver jubilee party we had to maintain access for the engineers to the telephone exchange throughout the event. This just meant no parked ice cream/hot dog vehicles, stands, displays, benches etc. on 10% of the street.

It is all very simple. 

A named person applied.

The Council did the signage and dropped off the cones, road closed and diversion signs.

BT coned off their bit and gave is £50.

The Police checked once before, once during and once at the close to check that the road was cleared.

Celebrating that disruptive load of free loaders is like treading in dog ****tte and thinking aren't we lucky to have this ****tte to celebrate .

• Like 1

On 19/05/2022 at 12:23, blackydog said:

As something that continues  with the brainwashing of our kids towards royalty and religion, that begins in our schools, yes it is a very bad thing.

Kids are simple little creatures. All they know is a  day off school and a street party with jelly and buns is great fun and something to remember. I don't think indoctrination crosses their minds. What else could we celebrate in this country with a street party?

Abroad all the street festivals and gatherings seem to be to celebrate saints etc. which I presume you consider as just as bad.

Edited by Anna B

27 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Celebrating that disruptive load of free loaders is like treading in dog ****tte and thinking aren't we lucky to have this ****tte to celebrate .

Hmmm... :huh:

I wonder if that's the same reason that's been given for cancelling the 'Owls In The Park' this year? :hihi:

• Haha 1

There are enough drunks live our street, we don't need an exuse to fill the street with any more.    Right! Thats enough of that,  Im off to the pub to get drunk. :hihi:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bassett one said:

SCC all partys have agreed to the queens jubilee,there will probably never be another one with 70 years,because charlie takes over and hes in his 70s,then william will be to old to achieve it,so lets enjoy a national holiday,let kids enjoy partys,then babysitters at the ready for a evening out,nowts wrong with it,we are the envey of most of the world,enjoy,and we like other groups thank SCC for the financial help,enjoy

Nothing wrong with a bank holiday, don't need to be licking royal backsides to  enjoy it though.

Edited by blackydog

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Kids are simple little creatures. All they know is a  day off school and a street party with jelly and buns is great fun and something to remember. I don't think indoctrination crosses their minds. What else could we celebrate in this country with a street party?

Abroad all the street festivals and gatherings seem to be to celebrate saints etc. which I presume you consider as just as bad.

Absolutely indoctrination doesn't cross their minds at that age, that is the whole point.

I not getting into a discussion about other countries, they have there own traditions and cultures, which I have little knowledge of.

I hope one day we are all having street parties to celebrate the end of royalty.  They have had their time, and in that time have done very little good between them. As a family, rather than be a family to look up to they have been the complete opposite. 

I honestly find it difficult to understand why people fawn over them.

As for religion (and the one we have was shaped by royalty to suit themselves) that is a proper paragon of virtue isn't it...

16 hours ago, katekate said:

I think if people want to have a party then leave them to it.  If you don’t want to take part then you don’t have to.  Each to their own.  

I don't want to contribute via my taxes and council tax either but I have no option. If someone wants to have a party to celebrate something I completely disagree with, why should I be expected to contribute to it?

23 hours ago, bassett one said:

SCC all partys have agreed to the queens jubilee,there will probably never be another one with 70 years,because charlie takes over and hes in his 70s,then william will be to old to achieve it,so lets enjoy a national holiday,let kids enjoy partys,then babysitters at the ready for a evening out,nowts wrong with it,we are the envey of most of the world,enjoy,and we like other groups thank SCC for the financial help,enjoy

Crammed a lot into that post haven't you? If I could pick up on one point. If our royalty is the envy of the world (and I presume that you are referring to royalty) then why are the Caribbean countries queuing up to become republics? 

Edited by blackydog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

Nothing wrong with a bank holiday, don't need to be licking royal backsides to  enjoy it though.

I assume you will be asking your employer not to be giving you the bonus bank holiday as part of your holiday allowance this year then, given you are utterly outraged about the whole thing?

• Like 2