Herding's Community & Heritage Centre

Open Day & Jubilee Celebration at Herding’s Community & Heritage Centre, Morland Road, S14 - Saturday 4th June 10.30 - 2.30

Raffle

Tombola

Craft Stall

Bric-a-brac sale

Used clothing sale

Refreshments ..,,,and more.

Please come along and join us.

I used to that youth club,  around 66 ish, they were happy days

13 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Now where exactly is that Kate? I lived on Morland Road many years ago when they were first built. Where is the centre though? Not the old youth club is it? Happy days.

Yes it’s the building where the youth club used to be, in fact they still have a youth club!  Years ago it was a farm house so the building has quite a bit of history.  Come along and have a look around.

4 hours ago, Donside 6 said:

I used to that youth club,  around 66 ish, they were happy days

There’s still a youth club there.

its a nice old building,how old is it? ,who runs it now as the old custodian company went bankcrupt i was told,but nice to see it back and being used

42 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its a nice old building,how old is it? ,who runs it now as the old custodian company went bankcrupt i was told,but nice to see it back and being used

The current structure dates back to 1675 but the records for the farm go back to the 13th century.  It’s back in the hands of Sheffield City Council and part of the building is being used by Sheffield Inclusion Centre.  There’s a youth club being run by the council I think and Heeley City Farm use the building for some of their groups.  It’s great that it’s being used.

It’s great that people have memories of this place.  Hope some of you will visit us even if it’s just for a look around.

glad you have the old place back with a future,so nice

15 hours ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I could well know you then mate as I used it around then as well.

I knew most of the Wednesdayites of my age on the estate, so  yes we probably do. Did you go to GVSM school.

• Like 1

I left at 15 in 1967. There must have been different nights for different age groups at the youth club, I think we went on Fridays. Do you still live in the area.

Did you know the West brothers, Michael and Mark?  They lived on Morland Close.  

23 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

24 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

5 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

They don't spring to mind Kate but there is a little glimmer of a memory, not sure now, how old would the be, any idea.

Both early 60’s.  Their mum still lives on the close and she worked in the co-op at Herding’s.

The Cutlers, another pub gone!  

4 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I just edited that post Kate as well.

If she worked in the CoOP the chances are she sold me 2 oz of balm from time to time.lol

My nephew would know them I expect, he is 6 years younger than me. Did they go to GV school?

I’m not sure where they went to school tbh.