Is There No Workers Unemployed In Southyorkshire

hi

after speaking to many business people in the mobile catering business ,they say they have mobile retail food units stood idle,because theres is no staff to fill them,now this is not one or two businesses but loads,why is there no unemployed out there? okay its not a spectacular job,but its madness,events are being held and due to shortages the public are complaining ,it terrible,especially when theres jobs to fill.why? are all our job centres empty of jobless,if they are are  we might as well close them,i did not know everyone had a job, i am suprised,better get a few people from the EU .

It seems like no-one wants to work or have a little self respect in how they get their money. I work for a small firm and our company has been advertising for staff for at least 6 months. Try inviting people to apply when advertising on Indeed. People don't turn up for interviews after confirming it with them with the handful that have applied that way or generally no applications at all. Due to this, I'm reliant on other people in the chain to do their job at my company in order for me to do mine. Seeing as no one is there to do it, my job is at risk. It's a nightmare situation to be in, hence why I'm trying to be proactive in seeking alternative employment.

• Like 1

Maybe it’s the hourly rate ….seen plenty of jobs on here wanting to pay peanuts….

6 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

Maybe it’s the hourly rate ….seen plenty of jobs on here wanting to pay peanuts….

I think this is right. Wages seem to be the same or often lower than comparative jobs advertised 2 years ago when I was last looking.

55 minutes ago, alarmingmark said:

and silly hours, changeable shift patterns, working bank holidays  etc, etc, etc :mad: .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

hi

after speaking to many business people in the mobile catering business ,they say they have mobile retail food units stood idle,because theres is no staff to fill them,now this is not one or two businesses but loads,why is there no unemployed out there? okay its not a spectacular job,but its madness,events are being held and due to shortages the public are complaining ,it terrible,especially when theres jobs to fill.why? are all our job centres empty of jobless,if they are are  we might as well close them,i did not know everyone had a job, i am suprised,better get a few people from the EU .

My bold. 

Are these business people who have started these mobile catering businesses & are now wanting others to run them on their behalf as their employees? 

Presumably if these businesses are stood idle because the owners can't be bothered to run them themselves?  If that's the case, that makes them, the business owners, sound a bit idle. 

So the business people are not catering people, just business people.

You need good mixture of catering people and business people to run mobile catering properly.

It's a very hit and miss trade as you can be sat done nothing for ages then a coach turns up and you end up running round like a headless chicken.

Having a good cook and someone who knows the best places that can do the books is a great combo but they have to both work hard together.

If one person thinks they can sit back and let the money role in they will soon find it doesn't.

I have always been of firm belief that the job-seeking/job centre operates backwards.

For me it should operate in the following way: 

Sign on then for the first six months you look for a job, pretty much as it is now however over the period you attend the JC once a week and your skills are assessed.

At six months of unemployment: 

The JC should have a good understanding of your skill base through the assessments taken. The JC then matches your skills and qualifications with an available job and you go do it. If required any additional welfare needs are dealt with and awarded (tax credits etc)

If you want a better job then you had six months to find it. 

Refusal to take up the assigned job or purposely getting yourself dismissed within a set period will mean revokation of any and all welfare. 

• Like 1

the business people i spoke to work hard and run there food outlets,they normally split up and work with there workers on the day,so its not heres the food outlet get it run,so say theres 4 to the business that means 4 outlets,but they cannot get staff,its madness we pay people to stay at home,its a job and if you work hard you could even set up on your own,once you have learnt.

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

the business people i spoke to work hard and run there food outlets,they normally split up and work with there workers on the day,so its not heres the food outlet get it run,so say theres 4 to the business that means 4 outlets,but they cannot get staff,its madness we pay people to stay at home,its a job and if you work hard you could even set up on your own,once you have learnt.

What do they pay per hour ?

i dont know,but they have to pay a minimum wage by law,why do you think its better they stay at home? plus if you have a job its easier to get another one,its a job

• Like 2