'Stones' Bartering In Sheffield

The exiles aren't required to pay tax if they live/work abroad for a certain period, that's the rule, and the giant companies pay the tax that the law says they have to pay, no more no less, just like you and I.

6 hours ago, cuttsie said:

You mean fiddling the Tax man , An off shore account maybe  in in Panama , The virgin Isles, Northern Cyprus (invaded just like Ukraine but who cares its good for money laundering )  and our own little hotspot Jersey . I will get the biscuit tin out from under the bed and count mi coppers .

The difference is one of scale and greed. 

The off-shore account holder is rich, probably worth £millions, but still wants more.

The Stones/Letts barterer isn't greedy, he's simply broke and trying to find a way to survive hard times.  

The quickest and most effortless chance of getting rich is to do do the lottery (s), that's why 45 million hope to bag the £50 millon or so, and when they do, put it in an off- shore account where they might get an extra half % against  9% inflation!

There are 6  lottery millionaires made every week, apparently Birmingham has 119 of them! Greedy devils!

Lots of talk about fair distribution of wealth, equality and all that.

But it goes against basic human nature.

When it comes down to reality, people are greedy.

That's why the government regulated lotteries give out out huge jackpot prizes. They could just as easily limit the top prizes to , say, 100,000, which would give far more people a chance to win.

But the folks really want to be filthy rich, multimillionaires.

Human nature!

I thought this was gonna be a thread about bartering for pints of Stones Best Bitter..

During the miner's strike in the early 80s. miners and THEIR FAMILIES were denied any fiscal assistance from the Tory government, they were supposed to rely on the ten quid a day that was paid for picketing duty by the miner's union, The ten quid figure   was disputed by -especially South Yorkshire-many of the strikers.

On 17/05/2022 at 14:10, bungleboy69 said:

I thought this was gonna be a thread about bartering for pints of Stones Best Bitter..

I thought that too !

On 16/05/2022 at 13:21, cuttsie said:

So these tax exiles and giant companies  that make the news on a regular basis by  not paying any UK tax are a figment of the imagination .

I think I once read that Richard Branson a md his off-shore companies (Virgin etc), do not pay one penny in taxes to the British government.