Thatcher Statue In Grantham

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So it’s not true then 

Hmmm... :huh:

I've never understood why some people seem to like to exaggerate on the truth... :hihi:

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So it’s not true then 

Quibble about that if you like. The substantive point of my post, which even Westie agrees with, was that the statue was not intended to be placed in Grantham.

19 minutes ago, altus said:

Quibble about that if you like. The substantive point of my post, which even Westie agrees with, was that the statue was not intended to be placed in Grantham.

Not quibbling, just wondered why you had to exaggerate 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Good question. I know there's one of Harold Wilson in his home town, but don't know of many others.

There is, it's in my hometown :)

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There is, it's in my hometown :)

Come on , spill the beans . Soz , got it now 

Edited by hackey lad

Ah, there's a well deserved statue to Barbara Castle, Labour prototype of Mrs Thatcher, in Westminster.

Why are people so critical of Margaret Thatcher ?

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It's probably something to do with the fact that she's responsible for creating future generations of vegans... :hihi:

9 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

It's probably something to do with the fact that she's responsible for creating future generations of vegans... :hihi:

Unforgiveable 

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Not quibbling, just wondered why you had to exaggerate 

Is it even an exaggeration? They couldn't get it placed at their preferred location. They went looking for alternative sites and what we are assuming to be their first alternative location accepted it. I doubt they'd have given up looking for alternative locations if Grantham had said no too.

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Really?   Where do I start....

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The poster has admitted his exaggeration.

You ought to put your glasses on - both to read what people actually wrote and to see who actually made the comments.

Why on earth would Grantham say no to having the opportunity to be the home of a statue for the first female British prime minister who was born in their town?  The truth is Grantham has benefited from the ludicrous decision by the Westminster council not to allow the statue to be erected in a suitable place in the capital city of Great Britain.

Your inability to understand why other people don't genuflect at the mere mention of Thatcher's name aside, what do you think those behind the statue would have done if the first two places they tried to get it erected had both turned them down?