Jump to content

Holiday Camp On The Outskirts Of Sheffield.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sedith said:

Seriously? A holiday camp in Rother Valley Park, ha, ha!!

Whats so funny about that! They already have caravans/tourers next to water ski clubhouse, a cafe, cycles of all types for hire, pedlos,canoes, a  kiddies train ride, and they use to have a massive fun fair every summer Im not sure if that still happens but could be rebooked, plus there is Gullivers theme park,  a few chalets and a shower block would make a decent short stay holiday venue, in other words it has  already got the  basics, can't see what you find funny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all my 62 years of being on this Earth living in Sheffield I've never been to Rother Valley Park 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cody's Granddad said:

In all my 62 years of being on this Earth living in Sheffield I've never been to Rother Valley Park 😄 

Been twice once to test a boat out.

Other than that if I'm going to Wales I'm going to Wales 🤣 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Whats so funny about that! They already have caravans/tourers next to water ski clubhouse, a cafe, cycles of all types for hire, pedlos,canoes, a  kiddies train ride, and they use to have a massive fun fair every summer Im not sure if that still happens but could be rebooked, plus there is Gullivers theme park,  a few chalets and a shower block would make a decent short stay holiday venue, in other words it has  already got the  basics, can't see what you find funny.

We're having a week in Sheffield Rother Valley Park???? I can  just imagine how that conversation will progress, ha, ha!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sedith said:

We're having a week in Sheffield Rother Valley Park???? I can  just imagine how that conversation will progress, ha, ha!!

You have posted twice with Ha, Ha, is that it?  Stick to imagining how the conversation would progress because I gather by your non detailed reason for disliking Rother Valley,  a conversation of,  infact,  any kind, would be imposible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in this day and age the market for people wanting to go on holiday for a week to a place only a few miles from their house is extremely low. 

Its not the 1950s anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I think in this day and age the market for people wanting to go on holiday for a week to a place only a few miles from their house is extremely low. 

Its not the 1950s anymore. 

Hmmm... :huh:


Why should it matter how far away from home you are? :confused:


The difference in weather between Skeggy and Sheffield will be negligible. :hihi:


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


Why should it matter how far away from home you are? :confused:


The difference in weather between Skeggy and Sheffield will be negligible. :hihi:


 

I dont like Skegness but at least it has a beach.

 

People prefer to go a distance these days, even if it is only 50 or so miles to the coast or whatever,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:


Why should it matter how far away from home you are? :confused:


The difference in weather between Skeggy and Sheffield will be negligible. :hihi:


 

But Skeggy has a 50 foot pier, surely that makes a difference 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't the point be to attract people from outside the local area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.