Does anyone have any stories of Ghost sightings in and around Sheffield? I read one on some nursing forum about the ghost of a woman who appeared at a hospital in Sheffield dressed in 90s clothing. Only the author saw her, despite other staff being on the ward. She said, "is this ITU?" She was told it wasn't and said "this used to be ITU". Apparently that ward was ITU at some point and got changed to another department. I couldn't find if it was the Hallsmshire Hospital or the Northern General but I'd guess it was The Hallamshire as that is where major traumas used to go. 

Marks & Spencer on Fargate is said to be haunted by a former employee who passed away.  The week after he died, his colleagues all saw him at the gates off Chapel Walk and said good morning to him, then were stunned when they remembered he had died the week before! He has also been known to help customers look for items. The customer gives feedback to the manager on the helpful gentleman but no one of his description works there!

There’s one in the Banker’s Draft. He carries his head under his arm and is rude to the customers.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

There’s one in the Banker’s Draft. He carries his head under his arm and is rude to the customers.

🙄

I once saw a monster in Ladybower Dam,

According to the locals it's called "The Bear Lake Monster"

It was swimming at great speed, and must have been about 90feet long, it had big ears that stood out of it's skinny head, and had a mouth big enough to eat a man.

Sometimes if there is any unwary swimmers in the water, it would creep up behind them and blow water at them (the ones it didn't carry of to eat that is)

Sometimes when the Monster has been quiet for a while, people start saying it's gone for good.

But it hasn't, It usually spends the summer at Loch Ness.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Padders said:

I once saw a monster in Ladybower Dam,

According to the locals it's called "The Bear Lake Monster"

It was swimming at great speed, and must have been about 90feet long, it had big ears that stood out of it's skinny head, and had a mouth big enough to eat a man.

Sometimes if there is any unwary swimmers in the water, it would creep up behind them and blow water at them (the ones it didn't carry of to eat that is)

Sometimes when the Monster has been quiet for a while, people start saying it's gone for good.

But it hasn't, It usually spends the summer at Loch Ness.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm not sure which I find the most disturbing...

... this post, or some of the performers on tonight's Eurovision! :hihi:

4 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm not sure which I find the most disturbing...

... this post, or some of the performers on tonight's Eurovision! :hihi:

Not watched any of it, but just about to watch the results...

And without watching it I can tell you the winner..

Ukraine,

That's spooky!

Theres s story of a ghost on the Stocksbridge bypass. Cant remember many details tho 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ant68 said:

Theres s story of a ghost on the Stocksbridge bypass. Cant remember many details tho 🤷‍♂️

I visited there in my pre-adult years, I never saw anything mind. The whole town of Stocksbridge had a really negative vibe for me but when I came back recently, the mood seemed to have lifted. The video of the bypass ghosts is up on YouTube, search Strange But True Stocksbridge. I love how 90s that clip is (I'm interested in the 90s era). There are some creepy stories in that clip.

2 hours ago, LovePotion said:

I visited there in my pre-adult years, I never saw anything mind. The whole town of Stocksbridge had a really negative vibe for me but when I came back recently, the mood seemed to have lifted. The video of the bypass ghosts is up on YouTube, search Strange But True Stocksbridge. I love how 90s that clip is (I'm interested in the 90s era). There are some creepy stories in that clip.

Good morning LP, I trust you are well....

I'm going to be serious here and tell you a true story, I've told many times, but no one believes me..

I too visited the Stocksbridge By-Pass in the middle of the Pandemic.

It was a nice sunny morning, and I found myself a bench in a secluded bit of woodland, overlooking the By-Pass.

I was sat there in the sunshine, when I heard a rustling in the bushes, suddenly a mist descended and a weird looking chap appeared..

He had a very wizened face with staring eyes, and a long beard, he was wearing a long sort of robe and looked like a Monk..

At first I thought it was a Stocksbridge local, as the Stocky residents are all a bit odd..

Anyway as he approached he said "Does tha mind If I joined thee"

Nah, I replied, tha alreight I said..

"I'm fed up" he said.. "Why what's up I enquired"

"Well I used to haunt medieval monastery's and the odd castle 2000yrs ago, then I got promoted to my very own patch, haunting the Stocksbridge By-Pass, at first it was very rewarding, the job satisfaction was great, scaring people out of their wits, and watching them run for their lives, I loved the job..

Then they built this bloody By-Pass, right through my prime haunting grounds, It's virtually impossible to carry on haunting now cus crossing the road makes it very awkward...

I'm afraid that my industry is in very serious decline, nobody seems interested in a ghost anymore..

2000 yrs ago there were almost 15000 ghosts going about their business, thats now down to about 75.

The problem is, nobody is scared of us anymore, they treat us as a Tourist Attraction, they want to take selfies of us, and video us on their phones, then put us on social media, it's all very disheartening.

My mate has just got a job haunting Edinburgh Castle, he says the pay's not bad, but theres absolutely no job satisfaction"

Through his tears he said "I'm now thinking of retiring, I'm 2000 yrs old now, so I'm thinking of calling it a day"

With that, he gave one ferocious howl (which was quite funny) made a jangling chain sound, and sort of glided back into the bushes..

A very sad story, anyone thinking of sighting the Stocksbridge By-Pass ghost, will probably have a wasted journey 👻

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

That's not his head he's just showing one of the staff the ropes.

Years ago I was standing in front of my spin driver while it spun my clothes. After awhile I became aware of someone standing directly behind me. I turned quickly round to find no one there.! This is the only abnormal experience I have ever had. I can only guess that the sound and vibration of the spin drier had an hypnotic effect on me thus causing the strange image behind me.

Maybe someone can give me another explanation for this strange experience ?

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Years ago I was standing in front of my spin driver while it spun my clothes. After awhile I became aware of someone standing directly behind me. I turned quickly round to find no one there.! This is the only abnormal experience I have ever had. I can only guess that the sound and vibration of the spin drier had an hypnotic effect on me thus causing the strange image behind me.

Maybe someone can give me another explanation for this strange experience ?

The mind is a wonderful thing that's why at 3.30 of a morning you can be chased down the road by a crocodile riding a bike.