United V Forest Playoff Games

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Congratulations once again to Mr Rogets for maintaining his impeccable record of incorrectly predicting footy scores. :clap:

Now if you could just do us all a favour and predict Forest to win the final game 2-0... :hihi:

Hmmm :huh:

I really think you could do with the sevices of a certain Mr. Bassett.

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hmmm :huh:

I really think you could do with the sevices of a certain Mr. Bassett.

We don't need the services of Mr Bassett, Mr Padders...

... we've already got our own Berge man! :hihi: (Oh dear! That's what watching Eurovision does to you!)

• Haha 1

I just popped in to read Monkesey's match report.

Is there some sort of strike on?

7 hours ago, sibon said:

He’s not the only one to have lost his password.

Amazes me how he manages to watch the game with his heavy blinkers on, bet he was warm wearing them yesterday , wonder if he saw the goal, place was almost empty by time they scored 😂

Posted (edited)

It's only half time but we can't put a performance like that in again or we'll be settling for Championship football .

Edited by Alextopman

Posted (edited)

Let's face it.  The Blades were more than ineffective yesterday.  It just so happens that they chose to be on one of the most important games of the season. 

But let's look at it another way.  Forest could have come away from that game 4 or 5 goals clear but they didn't.  If it hadn't been for one of their players heading of their goal line in the 1st half, it would have ended 2 - 2.

Still all to play for on Tuesday night. 

On a separate note, I hope they catch & throw the book at the Forest 'fan' who threw the flare down into the SUFC fans in the Bramall Lane lower tier.  I'd ban him for life from all grounds & gaol him for a year for endangering life.  

Edited by Baron99

11 hours ago, sibon said:

Aww cheers buddy 😂😂.  sorry to keep you waiting. Went out after the match as it was a mates 50th birthday, so didn't get online all night.

To put it simply enough, we weren't at the races yesterday. Unlike some on here, I'm not going to sugar coat a sub-standard performance or blame others for the overall result..... because the blame is firmly with the team.

I don't think Cooper gets enough credit for just how good he is technically and tactically..... I remember Wilder pointing him in our direction when he left the club and I'm beginning to see why.

I said after the draw at home not too long back, that I feel forest are the best team to have come to the Lane this season. I don't think they were as good yesterday, but they didn't have to be because we were far from our best.

I actually thought we were more than in the earlier exchanges of the game, before forests goal. But Cooper literally played on and exposed our vulnerability and susceptibility to the counter attack. As the full backs pushed on, I think we were very naive to the threat of the likes of Spence, Johnson, Colback and Yates... all of whom I thought played quite well. 

I was frustrated by how costly we were in possession, particularly in the first half. Forest did apply good pressure, but simple passes going astray. It was something we did a good bit under Slav, but I thought we had improved in that department.... to revert back to sloppiness at times was frustrating!

I was also a little disappointed by the I ability to win the aerial duals as well. Ordinarily we have been fantastic at winning the first tackle, never mind losing that and the knock downs.

I did see a few positives.....at times we played decent football in and around the box and despite going behind, heads didn't drop and we continued to try and create things. I do feel we could have done a bit better with some of the chances, but as I said...we weren't at our best.

A late goal does keep us in the tie on Tuesday night, but we will have to be a completely rejuvenated team. We are much better than we showed yesterday, but for whatever reason I don't think we played anywhere near as good as we can do. I sensed an element of nerves..... but I'm not detracted from Cooper, because I think he set up right and did his homework. To play on the front foot at Bramall Lane and to expose us in the way they did.... I take my hat off to him.

I had to take a short train journey after the game, over to Barnsley and then on to Chapeltown..... I spoke to a couple of Forest fans (sound lads as well) after the game who were obviously elated and rightly so.  The conversation headed towards Tuesday night and that first goal..... I think we cannot all agree that which way it goes is now hugely important in the tie. If we manage to equalise, it might make them lot a little more edgy and I can only see us growing in confidence if we manage to get it early doors..... 

But if we don't wise us to their obvious threat on the counter.... if we don't adapt a more disciplined approach..... if we are continually wasteful in possession..... if we don't create and take early chances..... let's not sugar coat it, they could easily bang 3 in against us.

It's half time now..... the tie has become a tad more difficult, but it isn't over yet. I've saw enough yesterday and I've  seen enough in us this season, to see that we do hold the ability to overturn the result....... but much better is required.

• Thanks 1

Didn't look good yesterday and I can't see any improvement on the 2nd leg 

I predict a 3 - 0 win to forest 

Just now, rogets said:

We usually bounce back from negative performances under Hecky.... so one thing I definitely expect is improvement.... I know the play-offs are a completely different ball game, but we've never lost two on the trot under our current manager. Usually there is some sort of response....

11 minutes ago, rogets said:

There's nowt to worry abaht!

Everything is going as I thought it would in the opening post...

... and now Mr Rogets has predicted a 3-0 win to Forest, what can possibly go wrong? :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

There's nowt to worry abaht!

Everything is going as I thought it would in the opening post...

... and now Mr Rogets has predicted a 3-0 win to Forest, what can possibly go wrong? :thumbsup:

Interesting topic Mr. Bloke...

Mr. Rogets has got a certain amount of accuracy in predicting goals scored,

With that in mind it could be,

Forest 3-0  X

Forest 2-1  X

Blades 3-0  X

Blades 2-1  ✔️ then penalties.