Sign in to follow this  

Dental Plans.

My dentist has gone private and I'm seeking recommendations for plans to help spread the cost of future treatment.

I've heard of Denplan and Bupa. If anyone could suggest any others, I'd appreciate it. By PM if possible. TIA.

21 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Lisa Needs Braces

As soon as I saw the thread title, the words "dental plan" were repeating in my head along with the image of Homer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to visit the dentist every 3months for medical reasons.

I'm on 3 NHS waiting lists, but still waiting, so have to use Charles Clifford Dental Hospital, (which is excellent.)

They keep asking me why I don't have my own dentist. I keep telling them about the waiting lists.

The last time I went the Consultant apparently didn't believe me, and started ringing round dental practices for me, pulling the 'I am a Consutant...' card. It didn't work and she got no joy.

What surprised me was the fact that she didn't seem to know there was this crisis within the NHS.

How can a working Dental Consultant in the business not know there's this huge problem?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'm on 3 NHS waiting lists, but still waiting, so have to use Charles Clifford Dental Hospital, (which is excellent.)

They keep asking me why I don't have my own dentist. I keep telling them about the waiting lists.

The last time I went the Consultant apparently didn't believe me, and started ringing round dental practices for me, pulling the 'I am a Consutant...' card. It didn't work and she got no joy.

What surprised me was the fact that she didn't seem to know there was this crisis within the NHS.

How can a working Dental Consultant in the business not know there's this huge problem?

I remember back in the 40s and 50s dentists couldn't wait to remove peoples teeth and fit everyone with false teeth. It's certainly changed a bit since then.

Due to being disabled and mildly Autistic, I have regular Dental appointments as well, every 3 to 6 months, in fact it's not that long since we had the most recent one at Limbrick Road Dentists in Hillsborough (next door to the Riverside pub)

On 11/05/2022 at 12:31, alchresearch said:

Lisa Needs Braces

If we give up our Dental Plan, I'll have to pay for Lisa's braces..

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Delayed said:

If we give up our Dental Plan, I'll have to pay for Lisa's braces..

You guys watch too much Simpsons :lol: 

On 12/05/2022 at 12:18, Anna B said:

An academic in their 'own bubble' working in a teaching hospital attached to a university department? This will be very common!