State Opening Of Parliament

Just now, hackey lad said:

Britain hasnt got a future , really ?

Thanks to Thatcher, Cameron and now Johnson,  mission accomplished.

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Thanks to Thatcher, Cameron and now Johnson,  mission accomplished.

Stop being silly 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Stop being silly 

I just think  Thatcher started the rot and others mentioned carried it on. Imo.

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

I doubt it would be done with all this fanfare....

God knows what it's costing

I don't think it sets the right tone for a working group.

All tradition, and living in the past. Is it really suitable for moving forward in the 21st century?

Exactly

We, the people keep being told that we must move on.

Ordinary people with mobility problems use wheelchairs or even electric wheelchairs and they don't have butlers, maids, drivers and other servants,

Only the lovers of pomp & ceremony care who does it anyway so if she feels like retiring, that's fine.

Either way, it still needs modernising and cutting all the expensive, time wasting and silly, pantomime 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Stop being silly 

It's not so silly.

Free Market Economics started by Thatcher and Regan and carried on eversince, has brought the ordinary mortals of this country to their knees.

Corruption in high places, Manufacturing replaced by Insecure, poorly paid work, worker's rights all but abandoned, productivity in the doldrums due to lack of investment, massive divide between North and South East, excess money in the system pushing up prices, health service up the spout along with operations, dentists and doctors, two tier education system, University fees at £9,000 a year with interest rates rising, house prices off the scale, prices going up while wages stagnate, computer systems that don't work and drive people mad, debt, poverty, food banks, homelessness and the biggest gap ever between the richest and the poor....  

Meanwhile we prat about with ceremonies like these just to make us feel important, in an ancient building that wasn't suitable for work 100 years ago let alone now, and we argue about who had a party, what, why and where. We have part time politicians who have so little to do, they can fit in a second job as long as it's a nice nice little earner they can do from the Cayman Islands, and who frankly don't give a dam about the people they're supposed to serve. 

Yeah, doing great aren't we....?

I can’t understand why 90 odd year old woman is still clinging on to her “job”? Charles is well into his seventies and should have been crowned years ago when he was in his fifties. I’m not a royalist at all, it maddens me that most of the children of the hangers on, even Charles sons are multi millionaires, some of them not really working. Elizabeth should step down and stop taking the millions of pounds she gets every year, most of the land these so called royalty including the lord’s etc has been stolen from the real owners down the centuries, how come the Duke of Norfolk still owns vast tracts of land in and around Sheffield, it makes me dislike the royals even more.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I can’t understand why 90 odd year old woman is still clinging on to her “job”? Charles is well into his seventies and should have been crowned years ago when he was in his fifties. I’m not a royalist at all, it maddens me that most of the children of the hangers on, even Charles sons are multi millionaires, some of them not really working. Elizabeth should step down and stop taking the millions of pounds she gets every year, most of the land these so called royalty including the lord’s etc has been stolen from the real owners down the centuries, how come the Duke of Norfolk still owns vast tracts of land in and around Sheffield, it makes me dislike the royals even more.

This. Apart from the bit about Charles being crowned, abolish the whole outdated thing. Remove all Royals and hangers on from our palaces, let them buy their own house and fund their own life, open the houses and palaces to the paying public. No more royal tours or public engagements.

Edited by Bargepole23

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

I'm certainly no royalist by any means  but to be fair, her health is deteriating and no wonder, especially  with the controversy those two plums Charles and Andrew have caused, so Its a case of catch 22,  a lot of people do not favour Charles and Camilla because of the Diana situation and Andrew involved in the Perv situation so she has no choice but to carry on orTo be honest, this would be the best time to disolve the Monarchy.  IMO.

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Easily explained.

The Queen is the defender of the faith and will not abdicate because she will honour the Coronation oath she took in 1953.  The reign of the Queen is unprecedented in our country.  As the Queen has got older she has adapted her work routine.  This was first noticeable in 1987 when she took part in the Trooping of the Colour in a carriage rather than riding a horse sidesaddle. In recent years the Queen has delegated various duties to other members of the Royal family such as Prince Charles.  The delegation of duties is working well and is preparation for a time when sadly Queen Elizabeth II will no longer be our monarch.

Long Live The Queen

History and tradition are some of the reasons why our country is great and the envy of the World.

Envy of the world, your having a laugh! Thanks to cheating Charlie and Pervy Andy we are an embarrasment and a laughing stock around the world.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

It's not so silly.

Free Market Economics started by Thatcher and Regan and carried on eversince, has brought the ordinary mortals of this country to their knees.

Corruption in high places, Manufacturing replaced by Insecure, poorly paid work, worker's rights all but abandoned, productivity in the doldrums due to lack of investment, massive divide between North and South East, excess money in the system pushing up prices, health service up the spout along with operations, dentists and doctors, two tier education system, University fees at £9,000 a year with interest rates rising, house prices off the scale, prices going up while wages stagnate, computer systems that don't work and drive people mad, debt, poverty, food banks, homelessness and the biggest gap ever between the richest and the poor....  

Meanwhile we prat about with ceremonies like these just to make us feel important, in an ancient building that wasn't suitable for work 100 years ago let alone now, and we argue about who had a party, what, why and where. We have part time politicians who have so little to do, they can fit in a second job as long as it's a nice nice little earner they can do from the Cayman Islands, and who frankly don't give a dam about the people they're supposed to serve. 

Yeah, doing great aren't we....?

Fantastic post, you certainly have more indepth knowledge than people want to appcept because they are either in denial or deluded,  I see the exact truth in your post and the majority of this country would too if they read them.

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Prince Andrew hasn't been found guilty in any court of law of any criminal offence which makes your name calling unjustified and potentially libellous. The truth is it's only the anti monarchy mob based in our own country who have any interest in Prince Andrew.  Regarding Prince Charles he's well respected throughout the World.  However, Prince Charles will never reach the same level of respect  and  being liked Queen Elizabeth II has enjoyed  during her reign throughout the World. The truth is our own country and the World has been spoilt by having such a great lady as Queen of England and the Commonwealth for the last seventy years.

Long Live The Queen

He hasn't been found guilty because he paid her off with an extremely large sum of money to avoid the court case taking place.

I WONDER WHY?

I'm surprised you even live in the UK as I'm sure Disneyland would suit you better with views like that.