British Energy Prices

British Energy prices are rising and rising some more. So far, 54%.  Some will double,. a rise of 100%, People will not be able to afford them.

France's energy is rising by 4% 

Why is ours so different?

Edited by Anna B

France is mainly nuclear energy so not the best example you could have picked.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

France is mainly nuclear energy so not the best example you could have picked.

Why did we not renew our Nuclear? It's clean, cheap energy.

France's power is also nationalised, so belongs to them, not every Tom Dick and Harry shareholder like ours. 

(In fact doesn't France own most of ours too?)

Our Utilities should never have been sold off.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Why did we not renew our Nuclear? It's clean, cheap energy.

France's power is also nationalised, so belongs to them, not every Tom Dick and Harry shareholder like ours. 

(In fact doesn't France own most of ours too?)

Our Utilities should never have been sold off.

Agree entirely.  Privatising national assets and putting their ownership into the hands of foreign countries was short sighted and crass stupidity. I think it was termed Thatcherism.

echo. 

Edited by echo beach

35 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Nasty Tories....

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

British Energy prices are rising and rising some more. So far, 54%.  Some will double,. a rise of 100%, People will not be able to afford them.

France's energy is rising by 4% 

Its not, very selective in picking France as they have put a cap on rises. Lets face it, the French would probably riot if they put it any higher

Italy, Germany and the Netherlands all have energy price inflation similar to ours https://cebr.com/reports/governments-throughout-europe-are-betting-on-energy-prices-falling-by-the-second-half-of-next-year/#:~:text=Indeed%2C Cebr estimates that%2C without,up from 13% in 2021.

Edited by sheffbag

7 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Its not, very selective in picking France as they have put a cap on rises. Lets face it, the French would probably riot if they put it any higher

Italy, Germany and the Netherlands all have energy price inflation similar to ours https://cebr.com/reports/governments-throughout-europe-are-betting-on-energy-prices-falling-by-the-second-half-of-next-year/#:~:text=Indeed%2C Cebr estimates that%2C without,up from 13% in 2021.

If France can put a cap on it, so should we. 

And maybe we should riot a bit more.

We are far too complacent and get shafted on a regular basis.

My account with Shell stands at £1322 over seven months, as the five months balance are warm months I’m not expecting it to exceed £2000. However Shell tell me that they expect it to exceed £3000, which their mathematical genius stated will cost £142 per month, which almost matches my calculations.

Got a friend in Spain his prices have doubles

Mine rose over 100% a couple of months ago.

4 hours ago, echo beach said:

Privatising national assets and putting their ownership into the hands of foreign countries was short sighted and crass stupidity. I think it was termed Thatcherism.

If public ownership is so good, why don't we bring all the big supermarkets into public ownership? Food is more important than energy!

There can be a reason for public ownership, but it has limits.

why not use all the coal that maggie saved by closing the mines ,forget global warming as we need that ,so we are not cold,solved