Which Is The Best House Insurance Price

Which is the best house insurance price cover?

Edited by cressida

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Which is the best house insurance price cover?

I'm with the AA.

4 bedroom detached house, everything insured..   £132-42p

We will be having an extension soon so may have to wait,  but there have been quite a few fires in our area lately and one woman lost a £170,000 house (or so it was reported)  

My ex-husband (sadly passed away)  last year and he used to pay for things like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm with the AA.

4 bedroom detached house, everything insured..   £132-42p

Oooh  , very la di  dah 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Oooh  , very la di  dah 

And you can find "Padders Bar" located in the extensive gardens.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

The problem being is the type of cover you want and it's difficult to get straight comparison. I'm with Aviva at the moment. Have you put your details into a price comparison site like Compare the market, or go compare or confused.com? You just answer their questions and it will give you loads of estimates from different companies and the you have to go through them to find one that suits your needs.  And don't forget you emergency cover in case you have a leak or electric failure or a blocked drain.

What sort of fires? Are you talking about arson?

Oh, and I've found it to be more expensive going direct to companies, you get the better deals going through the comparison sites, in my opinion that is.

I shall go through the comparisons,  what made you choose Aviva?

I wasn't talking about arson,  I was told the house in question needs re-wiring.  

Thank you for the advice,  and to Padders

🙂

Guest sibon
31 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

Oh, and I've found it to be more expensive going direct to companies, you get the better deals going through the comparison sites, in my opinion that is.

In general, I agree, it is cheaper through a comparison site. But Direct Line aren't available through any comparison site, so it might be worth putting your details into their website too. They can be very cheap if you fit their profile.

14 minutes ago, Padders said:

I hope you have business insurance for that bar. If not, I have friends who can supply you with some. It would be a shame if anything "happened" to it.🔥

If you see what I mean.

12 minutes ago, sibon said:

In general, I agree, it is cheaper through a comparison site. But Direct Line aren't available through any comparison site, so it might be worth putting your details into their website too. They can be very cheap if you fit their profile.

I hope you have business insurance for that bar. If not, I have friends who can supply you with some. It would be a shame if anything "happened" to it.🔥

If you see what I mean.

Typical Labour man , starting a protection racket 😁

That has helped me so much,  thanks Kevin and Sibon for your replies.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

I gather that you're partial to a drink Padders but didn't realise it had gone so far as to need the AA!

echo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sibon said:

If you see what I mean.

Yes, sibon Direct Line can be cheap but, as I found out to my cost, to 'fit their profile' you have to be willing to pay their premium and expect any convoluted excuse not to pay you out if you unfortunately have to make a claim.

They did it to me once and I'll never use them again.

echo.