J D Wetherspoon Customer Service (Lack Of)

7 hours ago, Mr. Johnson said:

Bar staff are usually exceptionally good at reading social cues and will match their behaviour to the person/s they're serving.

I always smile when i get the bartender's attention, make eye contact and ask a quick 'alright' or similar just before ordering.
Every single time, the bartenders are nice back.

Seen loads of people not even look at the bartender and glibly just order their drink.

These people will get the same back as the staff know they just want their drink with minimum fuss and probably don't want to engage in chat and want to be left alone.

" Bartenders"  ? Youre not from these parts are you ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

" Bartenders"  ? Youre not from these parts are you ?

Awww, gee. No I'm not. 
I'm from way outta town.

Does this mean we have to have a duel at dawn?

If you win, you can go T' BOOZER, 'AVE A PINT O' SMOOTH AND WATCH CHUBBY BROWN VIDEOS after WI' GERT.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Johnson said:

Awww, gee. No I'm not. 
I'm from way outta town.

Does this mean we have to have a duel at dawn?

If you win, you can go T' BOOZER, 'AVE A PINT O' SMOOTH AND WATCH CHUBBY BROWN VIDEOS after WI' GERT.

No need to get uppity 

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No need to get uppity 

Just havin' a laugh!!

Chill yo jimmies!

I'm just sat here with my sheepdog.

He's a friendly dog. White with black ears.

We'll go for long walks in the morning and then we'll go back home. 
When he's excited, he gives a really loud bark!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Johnson said:

Just havin' a laugh!!

Chill yo jimmies!

I'm just sat here with my sheepdog.

He's a friendly dog. White with black ears.

We'll go for long walks in the morning and then we'll go back home. 
When he's excited, he gives a really loud bark!!!

Does he bite?

Nooooo!

He never bites.

Loves to nibble instead.

Sometimes he nibbles exactly to the beat of the theme the Chasers make on 'The Chase' when they walk on.

He'd be a rubbish Chaser though. Runs after balls alright but never brings them back.

Plus, his knowledge of historical monarchy is rubbish.  I've asked him how many wives Henry VIII had but he just rolls his eyes and trumps.

On 12/05/2022 at 19:10, busdriver1 said:

you really dont get it. The yare a bottom of the market place that employs anyone daft enough to work for them, decent staff would not be seen dead there. If you want good customer service goo a little further up the ladder like McDonalds or burger king but not KFC Wetherspoons are actually better than them - a little. Or maybe even a greasy spoon. Like I said, anywhere further up the ladder.

This isn't colonial India where everyone has their place on your ladder. It's the 21st century where there

are basic standards of behaviour for everyone regardless of their income or upbringing.. . . . . . . . I would hope?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flanker7 said:

This isn't colonial India where everyone has their place on your ladder. It's the 21st century where there

are basic standards of behaviour for everyone regardless of their income or upbringing.. . . . . . . . I would hope?

Exactly, basic manners are the very minimum expectation for any hospitality venue.

5 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

keep telling yourself that, then look at the clientele 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Like these millionaires:

Brooklyn-Beckham-and-Nicola-Peltz-enjoy-

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 05:57, busdriver1 said:

So just because SOME of the clientele are rough scrubbers, the staff should treat EVERYONE like dirt? You have a very warped view of the world and how customer service works. The Benjamin Huntsman actually has a lot of intellectuals (students) and builders from the building site at the old Grosvenor Hotel calling in. All seem very polite when I have observed them. 

I have done several jobs in customer service and faced abuse, been sworn at, encountered theft and dealt with countless rude, drunken and grumpy customers. From late at night to early in the morning, sometimes 12 hour shifts on my feet. I always remained professional. I didn't tolerate abuse, anyone swearing would be told firmly but professionally not to swear at me, I refused service to those who were particularly abusive. Early mornings I tended to encounter rude and grumpy customers. But, I am there to provide them a service, not the other way round, so I remained unphased and still provided them with great service, being polite, attentive and helpful. I tried to never take any abuse personally, but as I'm human, occasionally things did get to me, on those occasions I didn't let it influence the service I gave the next customer, I gave the next customer great service and moaned to my colleagues in private later in about the customer who had annoyed me. It's called being professional.