J D Wetherspoon Customer Service (Lack Of)

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Ask the staff then 

I was hoping someone on here works for them/knows someone who does..

Just now, LovePotion said:

I was hoping someone on here works for them/knows someone who does..

May be better to ask the staff who you were unhappy with.

Get it from the horses mouth as it were.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

May be better to ask the staff who you were unhappy with.

Get it from the horses mouth as it were.

Ask them to explain why they are being such a rude and grumpy g1t? If they can't manage a please and thank you, I doubt I'd get an explanation from them. 

2 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Ask them to explain why they are being such a rude and grumpy g1t? If they can't manage a please and thank you, I doubt I'd get an explanation from them. 

You might be surprised. 

If they are unhappy,  be nice to them. Engage them in conversation.  You might find they are quite honest.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Love potion, I think it’s a sign of the times . Long gone are the times when you could have a laugh  / talk to bar staff , unless you are ordering a drink. Been going in my local for years now and try as I might to have a conversation with the bar staff , it’s hard work 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I can vouch for the staff being rude at the Rawson, was in the other week, all the bar staff were female late teen early twenty somethings with attitude problems. Going round tables at 10 past 12 telling people to drink up and 10 minutes later basically to leave.

Edited by Colin Foster
  • Like 1

If I had to work for Tim Martin, I'd be miserable as well

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Love potion, I think it’s a sign of the times . Long gone are the times when you could have a laugh  / talk to bar staff , unless you are ordering a drink. Been going in my local for years now and try as I might to have a conversation with the bar staff , it’s hard work 

In the near future at bars there will be a touch screen where you enter your order and you get a number to pick it up later at an impersonal box like hole in the wall.

I have seen people have long laugh/talk at busy post office or with bus drivers while bus is 10 minutes behind schedule.

Edited by dutch

10 hours ago, LovePotion said:

the customer expects great service regardless

If you're always expecting to receive great service   I wouldn’t go to some glorified discount wino bench like Wetherspoons in the first place.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In my experience Wetherspoons staff are always over worked. 

The more savvy ones have realised this and work at a steady pace throughout their shift and will not be flustered or rushed.

This is the business model of Wetherspoons, under staffing, its part of the cost of cheap drinks. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Good morning Love Potion,

Isn't it a nice day? 

Lovely to see you on the forum, hope your keeping well.

Enjoy your day, and if you can find the time, do pop into "Padders Bar" where you will receive a warm welcome..

• Like 1

Much better when there were regulated opening times

Weekdays 11am -3pm and 5-30pm -10-30pm

Sundays 12-2 and 7-10-30pm

Maybe the times are a bit out but the point is the hours were not so long for bar staff.

The police used to call in pubs unexpectedly to check for underage drinkers.

• Like 1