J D Wetherspoon Customer Service (Lack Of)

That is the dress code Cavells have decided on. Go there then.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

That is the dress code Cavells have decided on. Go there then.

You seem intent on shutting down other people's opinions on this forum. Most of your posts are arguing, I am not sure the forum is for you if you don't like others having an opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I dont like people having ridiculous opinions, no. Expecting staff in Wetherspoons to wear "executive dress" is clearly in that category.

Do you think the cleaners at the Hallamshire should wear morning suits and cumberbunds?>

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I dont like people having ridiculous opinions, no. Expecting staff in Wetherspoons to wear "executive dress" is clearly in that category.

Do you think the cleaners at the Hallamshire should wear morning suits and cumberbunds?>

No because that is not practical for their job you wouldn't stick your hand down a bog in a suit. The University cleaning ladies who I am sure are minimum wage agency wear a grey and blue tabbbard type thing which is a smart compromise and practical. 

Meadowhall Staff wear blue waistcoats, shirts, ties and cravats and look very smart, they are on low wages as unskilled workers.

The Aldi staff manage a shirt and smart skirt/trousers (should have a cravat/tie as well in my opinion) and ALDI is one of the cheapest bottom end supermarkets there is.

• Haha 1

A satisfied customer- "We should have him stuffed"  Basil Faulty.

• Like 1

People just don't have respect any more in how they dress. From those who do the school run in pyjamasto those who go to a restaurant wearing a tracksuit. Surely it is good to make an effort out of respect for yourself as well as the venue.

46 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

People just don't have respect any more in how they dress. From those who do the school run in pyjamasto those who go to a restaurant wearing a tracksuit. Surely it is good to make an effort out of respect for yourself as well as the venue.

I assume there will be rules about what staff should wear when working, but I don't think people really care what the staff wear in Weatherspoons.   People go their for cheap food/drink. Most people won't be bothered if the person serving them didn't say please/thanks.  As long as the server gets your order correct and isn't rude.

1 minute ago, Zinger549 said:

I assume there will be rules about what staff should wear when working, but I don't think people really care what the staff wear in Weatherspoons.   People go their for cheap food/drink. Most people won't be bothered if the person serving them didn't say please/thanks.  As long as the server gets your order correct and isn't rude.

I disagree. If you look on Tripadvisor, most of the negative reviews talk of poor service, bad attitude, rudeness. If you just want cheap food and drink, you can get that at home with a tinned curry and a bottle of Lambrini. People go out for an experience. 

26 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

I disagree. If you look on Tripadvisor, most of the negative reviews talk of poor service, bad attitude, rudeness. If you just want cheap food and drink, you can get that at home with a tinned curry and a bottle of Lambrini. People go out for an experience. 

If I was the Prioreter or Manager the staff attire would be a clean white shirt and black trousers for a male server or a clean white blouse and black skirt or trousers for a female server and clean shoes and clean hands  I would inspect my staff before opening the establishment on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

I wonder what future generations will think when they see youngsters (and even middle aged people) in the cutout jeans  and saggy trousers,  when I look at old photos of the last century  (up to 1950s)  and watch 'Who do you think you are' I can't help but notice how smart they all looked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

I have avoided Wetherspoon bars until now and I thought I would give them a try again. When I was in customer service, if I had the same attitude as I witnessed last night, my manager would call me in to the office for a "quiet word" and tell me to buck my ideas up. 

But was it as far down as Wetherspoons? I doubt it. They had to fit a new bottom rung on the ladder just for them.

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

No because that is not practical for their job you wouldn't stick your hand down a bog in a suit. The University cleaning ladies who I am sure are minimum wage agency wear a grey and blue tabbbard type thing which is a smart compromise and practical. 

Meadowhall Staff wear blue waistcoats, shirts, ties and cravats and look very smart, they are on low wages as unskilled workers.

The Aldi staff manage a shirt and smart skirt/trousers (should have a cravat/tie as well in my opinion) and ALDI is one of the cheapest bottom end supermarkets there is.

All the above employers clearly give a toss about presentation or staff protection at work and provide their staff with appropriate uniforms. It is clear that Wetherspoons do not,  so the staff wear what they want to. Remember there are some that think exposing you to next weeks washing while you dine is classy.  That is the class of place you choose to eat at. 

• Like 1