J D Wetherspoon Customer Service (Lack Of)

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

The Scarsdale Hundreds . Not tried it cos don’t like Wetherspoons places . Like being sat in a warehouse 

It was freezing in most Wetherspoon bars last winter. I had to sit with my coat on. 

7 hours ago, LovePotion said:

It was freezing in most Wetherspoon bars last winter. I had to sit with my coat on. 

Cold?  You want to try Wetherspoons' Woodseats Palace.  A pint, a pie & a play with the penguins. 

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Cold?  You want to try Wetherspoons' Woodseats Palace.  A pint, a pie & a play with the penguins. 

You can’t have cheap beer AND heating 

I'm surprised at the Rawson Spring, staff have always been kind and courteous whenever we visit, keeps us going back (and the beer garden in nice weather)...

Never had a problem with the staff, it’s the clientele I find troublesome.

• Like 2

Well I have been again today and there is no improvement. The women working there are wearing "dresses" (if you can call them that) up to their upper thighs, put me off my dinner and totally un-professional. The man working there was wearing a scruffy looking T-shirt and looked like he was on death row about to be sent to the chair! No please, no thank yous to the customers. I was hoping I'd cop for him serving me because I wanted to show him that the customer can be rude back! If these were my staff, I would be ashamed and appalled. I swear to God, the minidress skirt part could pass for a belt 🤮. Why don't people take pride in their appearances these days. What happened to making an effort and power dressing?

You want people on near minimum wage to dress in an executive manner for serving in Wetherspoons?

Nice try.

• Like 1

Really? 

You keep going to these dive pubs expecting good service? 

It has been said that the definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If  I go to a Vauxhall dealer I do not expect to buy an Aston Martin. If I go to Lidl I do not expect to buy the very finest of foods.  If I ride my bicycle I do not expect to travel at 100 mph yet you still seem to think that going into a bottom end pub like a Wetherspoon you will get good service. They are bottom end, you get what you pay for, minimum wage staff that want an easy few bucks to get them their next bottle of white lightening. Try going up a rung to a greasy spoon or roadside caravan if you want better, they will actually care.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You want people on near minimum wage to dress in an executive manner for serving in Wetherspoons?

Nice try.

Yes. It's part of being professional. I wouldn't walk down the street in the "dresses" they were wearing, let thrn hp to work. Staff in other bars wear a shirt, cravat, pencil skirt and the gentlemen wear shirts and ties, it looks professional...but in your opinion, those on minimum wage shouldn't look professional?

2 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Really? 

You keep going to these dive pubs expecting good service? 

It has been said that the definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

If  I go to a Vauxhall dealer I do not expect to buy an Aston Martin. If I go to Lidl I do not expect to buy the very finest of foods.  If I ride my bicycle I do not expect to travel at 100 mph yet you still seem to think that going into a bottom end pub like a Wetherspoon you will get good service. They are bottom end, you get what you pay for, minimum wage staff that want an easy few bucks to get them their next bottle of white lightening. Try going up a rung to a greasy spoon or roadside caravan if you want better, they will actually care.

I have avoided Wetherspoon bars until now and I thought I would give them a try again. When I was in customer service, if I had the same attitude as I witnessed last night, my manager would call me in to the office for a "quiet word" and tell me to buck my ideas up. I was in an independent bottom end pub in another part of the country and the server knew basic manners and made half an effort to look decent. Cleaners are on minimum wage, should they turn up and only mop half of the floor because in your words " you get what you pay for"?

12 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Yes. It's part of being professional. I wouldn't walk down the street in the "dresses" they were wearing, let thrn hp to work. Staff in other bars wear a shirt, cravat, pencil skirt and the gentlemen wear shirts and ties, it looks professional...but in your opinion, those on minimum wage shouldn't look professional?

Thats not what I said. If they are following the dress code of the company there is no issue.

Wanting staff in Wetherspoons to wear cravats is a bit ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats not what I said. If they are following the dress code of the company there is no issue.

Wanting staff in Wetherspoons to wear cravats is a bit ridiculous.

I highly doubt Tim Martin or whatever his name is would approve of his staff wearing dresses that fall 2 inches below the buttocks and T-shirts that do not match the corporate colour scheme. 

The girls in Cavell's bar wear cravats.