Transient Ischemic Attack And Driving

As I understand it, if somone has a Transient ischemic attack you have to stop driving until it's sorted.

But what happens after? 

When cleared by your doctor do you just get your license back or are their certain hoops to jump through?

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

As I understand it, if somone has a Transient ischemic attack you have to stop driving until it's sorted.

But what happens after? 

When cleared by your doctor do you just get your license back or are their certain hoops to jump through?

I don't think it's advisable to start jumping through hoops after a Transient ischemic attack.

Just now, Padders said:

I don't think it's advisable to start jumping through hoops after a Transient ischemic attack.

🤣

Not with my boobs anyway. If be sure to get stuck 😭

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

I agree , If attacked ,fight back  . Dont mess about jumping through hoops . Where are the Ischemics from ?

Edited by hackey lad

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I agree , If attacked ,fight back  . Dont mess about jumping through hoops . Where are the Ischemics from ?

Could be anywhere as they are transient.

Everyone got it out of their system now?

Any chance of some serious replies?

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Could be anywhere as they are transient.

Oh yes , I missed that  :thumbsup:

Pretty straight forward really. If they were told not to drive by their doctor for X amount of weeks or whatever, but didn't  have to surrender their licence, then they can continue to drive as soon as the doctor says so (Provided the licence hasn't expired by natural means)

If they did have to surrender their licence, they will have to apply for another one. This would have to be done by forms via post. This could take a while as there is a massive backlog at the DVLA for postal applications, Possibly months.

Licence validity can be checked here  https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Pretty straight forward really. If they were told not to drive by their doctor for X amount of weeks or whatever, but didn't  have to surrender their licence, then they can continue to drive as soon as the doctor says so (Provided the licence hasn't expired by natural means)

If they did have to surrender their licence, they will have to apply for another one. This would have to be done by forms via post. This could take a while as there is a massive backlog at the DVLA for postal applications, Possibly months.

Licence validity can be checked here  https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Thank you.

Much appreciated 🙏

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Thank you.

Much appreciated 🙏

That’s what I said