Woman's Boxing

I’ve always been a sceptic about womens boxing but just seen Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano . Take a bow ladies  , stunning fight . You’ve both done your sport proud  :thumbsup:

If you are a skeptic then pop into any local boxing gym and ask to watch. There are some real beasts that frequently give the men a run for their money.

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

If you are a skeptic then pop into any local boxing gym and ask to watch. There are some real beasts that frequently give the men a run for their money.

🥊 !!!!!!!!!!!"Some Real Beasts" !!!!!!!!! 🥊

Kin hell DADDY -  Get ready for the politically correct brigade 🥴 🤣 🥴 

• Haha 1

The wife doesn't need boxing, she can flatten me any time!

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

🥊 !!!!!!!!!!!"Some Real Beasts" !!!!!!!!! 🥊

Kin hell DADDY -  Get ready for the politically correct brigade 🥴 🤣 🥴 

😂😂😂

Erm, yeah, I could probably have worded that better.

I'll swap Beasts for Tough, Tough Ladies 👍

I tell ya though Rockers, watching some of them hit the bags is well impressive. 

And when they spar,,, My word it's impressive .

And not just boxing either. I've been around Muay Thai and K1 gyms for years too. Trust me when I say they are 'The weaker sex' in name only 🥊🥊🥊

I thought the women boxers were very good but wonder if they can be affected by blows to the head, causing dementia later on, like football and rugby players are.

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

6 minutes ago, francypants said:

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

Should fight the men.

1 hour ago, francypants said:

Why?

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Should fight the men.

Giving the men a run for their money in sparring is not the same as a full on fight.

It could be quite dangerous. 

Just take a look at what happened to some of the mma woman who fought transgender women.

It rarely ends well.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I thought the women boxers were very good but wonder if they can be affected by blows to the head, causing dementia later on, like football and rugby players are.

Very possibly.  

1 hour ago, francypants said:

Why not ?

It often seems that the women boxers are getting into their ' stride ' then the bell goes.   Two minute rounds just seem too short to me.

Why are the rounds only 2 minutes anyway ?   The women boxers seem capable enough to last 3 minutes.

2 minutes ago, francypants said:

Why not ?

It often seems that the women boxers are getting into their ' stride ' then the bell goes.   Two minute rounds just seem too short to me.

Why are the rounds only 2 minutes anyway ?   The women boxers seem capable enough to last 3 minutes.

Perhaps as the popularity grows the rounds may be increased to the 3 minute rounds if enough fighters and trainers want it. 

I agree as a viewer that 2 minute rounds seems short but then I'm not the one getting punched in the face. I'm sure many would be up for it though. Like I say 'weaker sex' in name only.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

When  I was watching it I was wondering about damage to their breasts