Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’ve always been a sceptic about womens boxing but just seen Katie Taylor v Amanda Serrano . Take a bow ladies  , stunning fight . You’ve both done your sport proud  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are a skeptic then pop into any local boxing gym and ask to watch. There are some real beasts that frequently give the men a run for their money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

If you are a skeptic then pop into any local boxing gym and ask to watch. There are some real beasts that frequently give the men a run for their money.

 

 🥊 !!!!!!!!!!!"Some Real Beasts" !!!!!!!!! 🥊

 

 

Kin hell DADDY -  Get ready for the politically correct brigade 🥴 🤣 🥴 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wife doesn't need boxing, she can flatten me any time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

 🥊 !!!!!!!!!!!"Some Real Beasts" !!!!!!!!! 🥊

 

 

Kin hell DADDY -  Get ready for the politically correct brigade 🥴 🤣 🥴 

😂😂😂

Erm, yeah, I could probably have worded that better.

I'll swap Beasts for Tough, Tough Ladies 👍

 

I tell ya though Rockers, watching some of them hit the bags is well impressive. 

And when they spar,,, My word it's impressive .

And not just boxing either. I've been around Muay Thai and K1 gyms for years too. Trust me when I say they are 'The weaker sex' in name only 🥊🥊🥊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the women boxers were very good but wonder if they can be affected by blows to the head, causing dementia later on, like football and rugby players are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, francypants said:

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

Should fight the men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, francypants said:

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

Why?

 

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Should fight the men.

Giving the men a run for their money in sparring is not the same as a full on fight.

It could be quite dangerous. 

Just take a look at what happened to some of the mma woman who fought transgender women.

It rarely ends well.

 

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I thought the women boxers were very good but wonder if they can be affected by blows to the head, causing dementia later on, like football and rugby players are.

Very possibly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, francypants said:

It's about time that the women's boxing was altered to 3 minute rounds instead of the 2 minute rounds.

Why not ?

It often seems that the women boxers are getting into their ' stride ' then the bell goes.   Two minute rounds just seem too short to me.

Why are the rounds only 2 minutes anyway ?   The women boxers seem capable enough to last 3 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, francypants said:

Why not ?

It often seems that the women boxers are getting into their ' stride ' then the bell goes.   Two minute rounds just seem too short to me.

Why are the rounds only 2 minutes anyway ?   The women boxers seem capable enough to last 3 minutes.

Perhaps as the popularity grows the rounds may be increased to the 3 minute rounds if enough fighters and trainers want it. 

I agree as a viewer that 2 minute rounds seems short but then I'm not the one getting punched in the face. I'm sure many would be up for it though. Like I say 'weaker sex' in name only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pattricia said:

I thought the women boxers were very good but wonder if they can be affected by blows to the head, causing dementia later on, like football and rugby players are.

When  I was watching it I was wondering about damage to their breasts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.