Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Sunderland Fc

40 minutes ago, top4718 said:

comments from blades fans go straight over my head,

Along with everything else.

• Like 1

Sunderland seem to have come to Spoil the game from the OFF,and the Stupid Referee in change let the get away most of the time,they went down when ever they wanted.the tackle on Byers should have been a booking easily,and this seem to kept Byers very much out of the game,we thought our midfield was very strong,but Sunderland seem to have control of our midfield players,Not to much for both Goalies to save last night,and Peacock Farrell kept making the fans panic passing about out the back,as the fans knew already the number of stupid goals we have gave away by doing this,lets see know the number of players we release

The squad shouldn't need a huge overhaul, obviously depends who we keep that are out of contract so hopefully we can start better next season.

We got to the playoffs but overall Sunderland deserved it, roll on next season.

3 hours ago, top4718 said:

So United fans never discuss reasons why they lost a game and just accept it and move on?

They don’t discuss defeats on here unless it’s Wednesday.

For me where did it go wrong, was it the tactics, was it the defence, some say the wind was blowing in the wrong direction 

For me, if Wednesday had scored that 2nd goal in the 93rd minute they would have won 

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

If the two legs had major discussion points. Huge decisions that had potential changed the outcome..... stone wall penalty shouts...... then ues I get it. But that isn't what's being discussed here is it.

Both legs were tentative and far from enthralling... a great deal of nerves of both sides and little excitement. Sunderland took the bull by the horns when they had to and the edged what in all fairness is a two legged affair that will quite easily be forgotten.

I watched wednesday against MK Cons and to be honest, that sort of performance would have probably seen them to Wembley....  any sort of sustained pressure as exhibited in that last 15 minutes of the first leg, for a longer period over both legs..... again may have seen Wednesday to Wembley......

But they didn't, they were poor...... and Sunderland weren't much better, but never the less they were the better of the two.

Forget blaming physicality or refereeing, there was nothing at all at fault in that respect. We've lost enough playoffs to know about failing to shine when it counts.... but we have the gonads to admit that we aren't good enough on the day.

It's about time you lot admitted it.

A team that's as poor as you make out doesn't finish 4th in a League, they were fairly evenly matched going into the games but Sunderland came out on top by a one goal margin, they managed the game better but the referee and some physical tactics did play a part, not one Owls fan has tried to claim that we deserved to win, your posts come across as what they they, juvenile digs that would be frowned upon in a junior school playground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

juvenile digs that would be frowned upon in a junior school playground.

Like calling someone "Snitch" constantly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ukdobby said:

They played the ref,he wasn’t very good.

The tackle on Byers about 5 minutes in was high and studs up, red card all day long

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

The tackle on Byers about 5 minutes in was high and studs up, red card all day long

He didn’t even get booked.

On 06/05/2022 at 23:16, top4718 said:

Need to get at them from the first whistle, the next goal will determine the outcome of the tie.

That worked out well.

2 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

It's come on Sunderland time now......

As much as I'm usually all for the small teams getting to the bigger platforms, I can't stand ainsworth!!!

i like him.............

On 10/05/2022 at 22:15, top4718 said:

juvenile digs that would be frowned upon in a junior school playground.

Do you mean like repeatedly  calling someone a snitch?.