Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Sunderland Fc

Just not been good enough in both legs , especially the 1st game & tonight wasn't even confident at all , but hey oh that's football ups & downs , just need towd Chansiri to plash the cash & still " W A W A W" 

Good luck to Sundeland did a job on us in both legs ...

Edited by owl.66

Great ball from Bannan to unlock their defence but that was about the only bit of real quality from us. Sunderland offered a lot more tonight than we did at their place so got to say we were second best over both legs. They always looked like they had a goal in them, and how many goals have they scored in injury time this season? Best team won.

Likes been said it was more than just these two games that cost us. Sunderland were the better team over the two legs, quality ball by bannan for our goal but apart from that we weren't great.

Onwards and upwards though. We have the makings of a good team there with the right additions we shouldn't need too much to be competing for the top 2.

18 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

To be honest, It was probably one of the worse play-off semi finals that I ever remember watching. Maybe it was big crowds and nerves, I don't know..... but Barring that late goal, it lacked entertainment really and wasn't that good. The best team did win over two legs, but they weren't that good really.... just better than you lot.

You need to rewatch one featuring "you lot" vs Yeovil for a worse one.

Not good enough over the two legs certainly but at least Moore seems to have found a pattern of play in the second half of the season which gives us something to build on, being out of embargo should hopefully let him bring in a bit more quality, we should try to keep Byers and Storey and possibly the keeper, Dawsons had a great loan spell at Exeter so competition between this stick if so. Its never particularly bothered me what division we start in, I'll be in the pub for a prematch drink with the boys in late July (easier to get served in L1 too), bring it on.

I'm the CEO of 'RentaFan Ltd' & my company provided an additional 14,000 people with blue & white shirts for Hillsborough tonight. 

Please note that I want payment by the weekend or I'll guarantee that none of the 14,000 will be attending your first home game this August. 

We’ll it just goes to show these people who supposed to follow the red side are still alive.

My Sky box went down just before the first round, still waiting for a replacement, I am so grateful to bad fortune. 😉

One does feel for the genuine supporters, the loyal 22,000 . The banter i have enjoyed  so far , has been light hearted ,  As we all know if the Blades **** up we shall get it back 2 fold. 

However , the " mind the gap" phrase  will remain , all the Owls praying the gap does not increase, like we cheered on Sunderland , they shall be Forest fans for the week.

Thats the banter a city like Sheffield deserves. 

So its onward to Saturday, yes i shall be there, but i promise you will not be shining a light!!! what the hell was that about?  any truth 15,000 Owls were on the sat nav app?? trying to get out??

Got to feel sorry for MK dons, they were 1 point away from promotion. 

That game we got so excited about, Mk dons 1 - 3 owls had no meaning as both teams were destined to fail. 

And Sunderland I feel are also destined to fail, so although they were celebrating last night, there fans will be in tears too in a couple of weeks time. 

Wycombe will stand victorious in the final 

25 minutes ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

One does feel for the genuine supporters, the loyal 22,000 . The banter i have enjoyed  so far , has been light hearted ,  As we all know if the Blades **** up we shall get it back 2 fold. 

However , the " mind the gap" phrase  will remain , all the Owls praying the gap does not increase, like we cheered on Sunderland , they shall be Forest fans for the week.

Thats the banter a city like Sheffield deserves. 

So its onward to Saturday, yes i shall be there, but i promise you will not be shining a light!!! what the hell was that about?  any truth 15,000 Owls were on the sat nav app?? trying to get out??

Hmmm... :huh:

I'd like to think that it was some witty reference to the :idea: Stadium of Light :idea: but...

... I suspect it was just a precaution in case Mr Tuna had forgotten to pay this month's leccy bill! :hihi:

• Haha 2

When wednesday got the ball down and got behind them they looked dangerous, but over both games they didnt do it often enough over the two games.Sunderland  had a plan and we didnt / couldnt counter it so credit to AN.

Disappointed that over two games we couldn't produce the form that got us in the top 4 .....Sunderland came last night and played the perfect game....niggly,leaving a foot in here and there...stopped both Johnson and Hunt getting forward and putting crosses in and i dont think Bannan was fully fit for either game...

Some big decisions to be made over the Summer...